ESC or Motor problem on Senton

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

travis328

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Senton 6s
Hey guys, so on my 5th battery pack with me new Senton, I turned everything on and everything sounded normal.

When I pulled the trigger to drive the truck moved about 1/8th of an inch and stopped. Then I heard the ESC rebooting.

So I tried again, this time in reverse.... Same thing. Moves 1/8th inch then ESC restarts.

Tried everything I can think of, un plugged the servo, same thing. Tried a different battery, same thing. Tried a different radio and receiver, same thing. I tried removing the motor to take all the load off of it, and the same thing.

I'm really not sure what to do now. Any suggestions?

Tonight I had time to try a couple things with my truck. I hooked up the stock motor to a different ESC and it worked perfectly.

Then I hooked up the stock ESC to a different motor, and it does the same old restarting procedure.

So I'm starting a claim with Arrma and hopefully I can get a new ESC.

Well my claim was approved and they are sending me a new ESC. Does anyone know if I have to send the old one back to arrma?

I've never had to send anything back to Arrma when it was replaced on warranty. The BLX ESC's might be an exception based on the problems they've had... but I doubt it. I think they understand the issues, have resolved them and don't need the additional expense, headache or data from sending ESC's back at this point..

If they didn't mention returning the old ESC when you talked to them then I suspect you won't have to send it back.

I've always had to send mine back. Even had to send all the melted plastics back after the last one went up in flames.

Well my new ESC was shipped out on Monday, the 21st, probably won't be here before Christmas which is a shame, but hopefully before New Years!

Well my claim was approved and they are sending me a new ESC. Does anyone know if I have to send the old one back to arrma?
When I put in a claim for a toasted brushed motor, they did not ask for the old one.
I guess as a consolation for my troubles, they sent me a set of rims, which I took to the local hobby store to buy tires, foam and glue.
It worked out good in the end, because there was a guy at the hobby store who made it clear he didn't want Arrma customers as he did't like "online vulture shoppers", [his phrase]. When I got help on selecting the tires, he got over his little hissy fit.

When I put in a claim for a toasted brushed motor, they did not ask for the old one.
I guess as a consolation for my troubles, they sent me a set of rims, which I took to the local hobby store to buy tires, foam and glue.
It worked out good in the end, because there was a guy at the hobby store who made it clear he didn't want Arrma customers as he did't like "online vulture shoppers", [his phrase]. When I got help on selecting the tires, he got over his little hissy fit.
Wow! I would have lost my kool no doubt.... I definitely would have not given them none of my money!

I agree with you guys, the dude had a bad 'tude, but he was someone who worked there, can't see condemning the entire shop over his hissy fit. Since then, met 2 guys there who have been fine. :cool:

What the hell is an 'online vulture shopper'? Lol
I guess it's someone who wants a good price, me...
Big advantage of online for me is no sales tax.
BTW, I've never seen Arrma in the stores, only online.

I got my replacement esc in the mail today, put it in my truck and took it out for a spin. I've noticed that the throttle is much more responsive.

Glad to have my truck working again though!

Just had a new do the same thing in my talion last night. I have a new ESC on the way.

The ESC and motor for my Talion are en route from warranty services right now - any day now....

Woooh....you guys are scaring me! On my third run, yesterday,the esc reboot itself like 4 time in 6 second....everything was fine after. Thought it might have been à bad connections from those loose Dean connector.i hope its notre a esc issue,coz it look à bit like what you guys have encountered!

I have a thred on this too but with the BLX80 ESC on the Raider BLX. New from the box i had issues. I had it out of the box 10 minutes from new doing the first pre drive checks and the esc caught fire. Lucky i was so quick to remove the battery or it could have been much worse if the lipo caught fire too. Mine is also being replaced under warranty, hopefully i get a motor too. I was asked to send mine back for inspection and think if any one has a faulty one send it back anyway so they can see what the problem is and its no use anyway lol

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back