ESC or Motor problem

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Emptytinken

Fairly New Member
Reaction score
So i got myself a senton 3s, i now have 4 or 5 packs run with him. Suddenly after 3 to 4 mins of runtime the motor cant accelerate if the car is stationary but if i give him a push he takes off like nothing happend. Also switching on and off helps for a short period. Has anyone a clue what might be wrong?

So i opened up the motor and there is dirt in there, how would i clean it without damaging it

Remove both caps and carefully clean the bearings which a toothbrush.
(it is important that you don't rub the dirt further inside the bearing)
Check if they spinning freely. If not clean (AND LUBE!) or replace them.
Then remove the rotor and clean it.
Flush the can with pressurised brake cleaner to remove dirt.
Let it dry on a heater for a few minutes to let the BC evaporate.
If there is rust on the inside of the coils,where the rotor spins, carefully grind it away with some fine sandpaper.

Thanks so far for the help but it seems like the front plate of the motor is glued on, any idea how i could get it off? That is the side with the dirt in it.
16175231620751790719814128165760.jpg

Have you removed the 6 screws? Its not glued and should come off. I see a very small line between the cap and the can, go in there with a cutter knife and it should separate a millimeter. Then lever it with a smsll screwdriver

6 screws? The motor has just 3 screws for the back cap wich then can be removed easily. I allready tried to get the front cap removed with a cutternife and a screwdriver but it didnt move, i also tried to give it a little knock from the inside to try and push the front cap out ot didnt work either.

It is a spektrum firma 3200 kv SPMXSM2000, i had allready a quick look around and could not find that much

Take the end cap off, capture all teh washers etc and keep them in the right order. You can than push on the rotor and the front will come off.
On the front, a very thin knife will work, just hard to get it started.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back