Kraton ESC or MOTOR PROBLEM ?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jluther@becoinc

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Senton 6s
  2. Talion
I just changed an old Max6 for a brand new one because the truck was hesitating if I pulled the throttle completely back. Now after the truck has been running for just a few minutes it stops and I can hear the motor beep like it does when I first turn it on. Then it starts making the exact sound that one makes when you have lost contact with a motor lead ( clickety clickety clickety. I plugged another motor in and it works like it should. Motor in the truck is HW 4985 maybe 3 months old. I have never had a motor go out on me. Y’all think I got a bad esc or motor?

From what you're describing it sounds like one of the leads of the motor might be wonky. If it works fine with one motor but not with another I think it's probably safe to say that the ESC is fine. Take the end cap of the motor off and poke around in there and see if you can find any loose connection where the leads connect to the windings of the motor. That's what I would try anyways. Or, if you don't feel confident enough to do it or just don't want to mess around with it for any other reason, you can RMA it through Hobbywing.

From what you're describing it sounds like one of the leads of the motor might be wonky. If it works fine with one motor but not with another I think it's probably safe to say that the ESC is fine. Take the end cap of the motor off and poke around in there and see if you can find any loose connection where the leads connect to the windings of the motor. That's what I would try anyways. Or, if you don't feel confident enough to do it or just don't want to mess around with it for any other reason, you can RMA it through Hobbywing.
I’ll pull the motor apart and check it out. Now that you mentioned it I did accidentally yank one of the leads when disconnecting it from the old esc. It’s weird cause when it starts doing it I can pull the leads plug in a motor that will run perfect but then when I stick the other in it will run right too. It tends to run fine until it’s warmed up a bit. I hope I didn’t buy a brand new esc that’s bricked. Hell the motor could have been the cause of the problem in the first place 🤷‍♂️. Good idea to look in the Motor. Thanks 👍

I’ll pull the motor apart and check it out. Now that you mentioned it I did accidentally yank one of the leads when disconnecting it from the old esc. It’s weird cause when it starts doing it I can pull the leads plug in a motor that will run perfect but then when I stick the other in it will run right too. It tends to run fine until it’s warmed up a bit. I hope I didn’t buy a brand new esc that’s bricked. Hell the motor could have been the cause of the problem in the first place 🤷‍♂️. Good idea to look in the Motor. Thanks 👍
Anytime. Let us know what you find :)

Anytime. Let us know what you find :)
Pulled the motor apart and found the problem. This lead was arching on the back of the can. It may be okay if I insulated it but I think I’m going for a new one. Thanks again
Arrma forum never fails!
Forgot the picture

Attachments

• F7E13D7F-C5EE-49BB-BAA9-C112CD6BC85E.jpeg
    F7E13D7F-C5EE-49BB-BAA9-C112CD6BC85E.jpeg
    189 KB · Views: 39
Last edited:
Pulled the motor apart and found the problem. This lead was arching on the back of the can. It may be okay if I insulated it but I think I’m going for a new one. Thanks again
Arrma forum never fails!
Forgot the picture
Yeah, that'll do it. Anytime duder!! (y)

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back