Kraton Esc or receiver issues??

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bman87

Reaction score
hey guys my name is Brandon and I am fairly new to this hobby. I got the new Kraton 6s V5 recently and it is so much fun. However, it had some issues earlier and I don't know what happened.

today I was bashing for maybe 5 minutes and it just stopped. No steering or motor action. After a few restarts I noticed the truck starts up fine when the transmitter is not connected but as soon as I connected the transmitter the receiver lights up BUT the I can here loss of power as well as no steering or motor action...

I have driven it through snow along recently if that helps

hey guys my name is Brandon and I am fairly new to this hobby. I got the new Kraton 6s V5 recently and it is so much fun. However, it had some issues earlier and I don't know what happened.

today I was bashing for maybe 5 minutes and it just stopped. No steering or motor action. After a few restarts I noticed the truck starts up fine when the transmitter is not connected but as soon as I connected the transmitter the receiver lights up BUT the I can here loss of power as well as no steering or motor action...

My first thought would be, is the battery fully charged? Then, i would look at the receiver. You said you ran it in snow, and, if that receiver isn't waterproof, it may have damaged it. Did the radio get wet at all? If the ESC got damaged, it can actually cause those kind of issues. I have had a couple where the ESC was going bad, and it would cause it to act like the battery is dead. A couple things to try to troubleshoot it. Disconnect the motor from the ESC, then turn it on and see if the steering works. That wont rule out a bad ESC, but will eliminate motor draw or a short in the motor as the cause. You can also try rebinding the radio and receiver and see what that does. Unfortunately, the only way to test just the servo is either with a standalone tester, or a battery pack plugged into the receiver (they make stand alone units that connect to the receiver and give it power for the nitro cars). If you have a local hobby shop, they might test it for you for a small fee, or let you borrow the stuff needed to test it in store. I know this is a lot to look into, but, my first thought would be either the battery isn't fully or properly charged, the receiver went bad, the radio got wet and got ruined, or the radio and receiver lost connection with each other. Typically, even when an ESC is going bad, you will still have steering, but it stutters and isn't smooth, especially when on the throttle.

Probably the high torque servo is bad robbing all the power. Open the receiver box and unplug the servo wire plug going to receiver. Once unplugged car should go forward/backward. If it does then servo is bad. Contact HH for a new one for back up and up grade to a 25kg or 35kg.

Probably the high torque servo is bad robbing all the power. Open the receiver box and unplug the servo wire plug going to receiver. Once unplugged car should go forward/backward. If it does then servo is bad. Contact HH for a new one for back up and up grade to a 25kg or 35kg.
I did exactly what you said by unplugging the servo from the receiver and yep. It went forward and back. So the servo went out from what I understand. Thank you for your insight. I have only had the truck for barely two weeks.

I had the same thing just happen on a brand new esc transmitter I've only used 2 times lol since bought

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back