Kraton ESC power issue

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rhiemo

Fairly New Member
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. BigRock
  2. Fazon
  3. Granite
Hi,

I have following issue, while driving my Kraton the speed gets lower after a short while, it's different I would das between 3 - 5 Min. After reset the ESC the full speed ist back. The car and also the lipos are brandnew.

Has somebody any idea to solve this issue?

Hi,

I have following issue, while driving my Kraton the speed gets lower after a short while, it's different I would das between 3 - 5 Min. After reset the ESC the full speed ist back. The car and also the lipos are brandnew.

Has somebody any idea to solve this issue?

Are you getting your batteries fully charged as in 4.2v per cell ? Or are they getting storage charge, about 3.8v per cell ? Did you bind and set up your transmitter and ESC ? Some chargers also have a maximum mAh setting, Max charge time setting. Just throwing stuff out there. What batteries are you running ?

They were definetly full, the settings in my charger are right. I use 2 new 2S DF Lipos.

Not sure I will check it tomorrow.
The specs are 5200/45C

In grass you probably should get at the least around 20 minutes of pretty hard running and more on dirt or pavement. Do you know what your ESC, motor and battery temps are when it happens ? Has it been wet ? There have been issues for some with weird ESC problems after they have been wet. Are any of the solder joints/connectors getting hot ? Check for a bad bearing/binding in the driveline or wheels.

Unfortunately I haven't a IR Temp Sensor to check the ESC and Motor, but the Motor was really hot. The underground was still dry.

How I wrote I restart the ESC and the power ist back, I haven't any idea what causes this issue. I will check the connections etc., But I guess they are fine.

Unfortunately I haven't a IR Temp Sensor to check the ESC and Motor, but the Motor was really hot. The underground was still dry.

How I wrote I restart the ESC and the power ist back, I haven't any idea what causes this issue. I will check the connections etc., But I guess they are fine.

"Really hot" To the touch can start at around 130°f depending on the sensitivity of an individuals fingers. Any where up to around 170°f at the end of a run is acceptable for motor temp and that is damn hot to the touch. ESC temps are important to know also to try to identify your issue. As there is thermal protection built into the ESC. It sounds like (if you are getting only 5 min. run time) that this may be either cutting in prematurely or there is a restriction of current flow (loose connector/bad solder joint) that is resulting in excessive heat and causing the thermal protection to activate. It is entirely possible that your ESC will need to be replaced. Arrma has been pretty good about warranty on them. If you have a local hobby shop they should be able to test it. If not you need a temp gun so you know what the temps really are. Most of us use one every run. It can help warn of an impending problem or if maybe we need to change pinion size.

Finally I sent the ESC to the seller. The reverse function worked just sporadically.

I have noticed that sometimes when you can't get reverse all the time, your throttle trim is off. Just change that on the dial and then you should be good. I generally turn it until the truck just starts to roll forward, then back it off just so that it stops. I leave it right there. Then after that it jumps backwards.

Just some thoughts.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back