Esc power

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

skullystitches

Fairly New Member
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. 4x4-Mega
Would the stock esc on the senton mega have enough power to power lights and a fan for the motor with no performance problems? I have lights on one of my bodies but would also like to use a fan without very many compromises. Either my motor overheats or my esc. I’m not sure which. I also use 2S lipos if that helps

Would the stock esc on the senton mega have enough power to power lights and a fan for the motor with no performance problems? I also use 2S lipos if that helps
Most likely yes on LiPO. You could even run them directly off the LiPO if needed.

I haven’t been able to find a attachment battery like thing to do that though. I’ve looked all over
Iv been burning through motors bc of dirt or overheating not sure which. so I figured I’d try a traxxas one and a heat sick idk if the heat sick has make any difference bc I haven’t blown out the motor yet but it still gets hot. I was thinking about trying a fan with a heatsink

Last edited:
A heatsink and a fan is recommended. Also check your motor bearings. If you run a lot in dirt there also may be dirt in the motor bearing(s) causing additional heat in your motor.
Probably wise to check all your bearings in your car to see if they are not crunchy and still run smoothly.

I cleaned my motor with this motor spray it gets a lot of poop out. I’ve changed out all the bearings in the truck to fast Eddie ones except the ones in the diff’s bc idk how to get to the diff free to come out

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back