Esc problem mamba monster 2

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Desertrat565

Fairly New Member
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Talion
Suddenly stopped moving but heard clicking when applying throttle wheels were trying to move then that stopped esc light was yellow then started flashing all 3 colors

If you are not calibrating and have no throttle input:

Flashing all colors = speed control is not receiving a valid signal from the receiver, usually indicates the receiver wire is plugged in backwards into the receiver; possible problem with controller or with throttle channel on receiver.

If you are applying throttle or reverse when NOT calibrating:

Flashing all colors = speed control is not receiving a valid signal from the receiver, usually indicates the receiver wire is plugged in backwards into the receiver; possible problem with controller or with throttle channel on receiver.

If you are applying throttle or reverse WHEN calibrating:

Flashing all colors = speed control is not receiving a valid signal from the receiver. Usually indicates the receiver wire is plugged in backwards into the receiver; also happens when speed control has accepted a calibration setting (throttle, reverse or neutral) and flashes/chimes 4 times before moving to next calibration point; or problem with throttle channel on receiver.

Taken from castles fb page on what do these colors mean FAQ.

It was getting response from everything at first but when pulling throttle it was clicking and tried to turn wheels but they wouldn't turn then when I turned the car off and on the motor jumped then the light was yellow then I restart again then all lights were flashing

It was getting response from everything at first but when pulling throttle it was clicking and tried to turn wheels but they wouldn't turn then when I turned the car off and on the motor jumped then the light was yellow then I restart again then all lights were flashing

Its possible the receiver got fried, Spike in current got sent and boom receiver took a dump, or a short.. water.. anything.

Nothing lasts forever.

Disconnect the servo from the receiver and see what it does when you turn it on. Could be the servo is buggered and is causing problems in the esc or receiver.

Disconnect the servo from the receiver and see what it does when you turn it on. Could be the servo is buggered and is causing problems in the esc or receiver.
I unplugged the servo and nothing happen just lost steering obviously but when I switched the esc and the servos plug around it's just turned hard to the right and wouldn't turn back till I switched the plugs back around

I know this is an old thread but I’m experiencing pretty much the same problem. After install Esc and set my adjustments where I want them via the Castle Link Bluetooth I ran the truck for me about five minutes when I had a front differential problem. I fixed the front differential problem and decided to reset The throttle and brake settings. I put the new information into the Castle Link and download it. That’s when the problem started. The ESC would flash red one time and then flash what appeared to be green and yellow rapidly and beeping. According to the combination of lights that indicates LVC. The battery pack has plenty of power in it and I’ve tried a different pack. When I try to adjust the ESC via the Bluetooth link it doesn’t except it. Looking more closely at the flashing lights it looks more like maybe all three colors are flashing. Indicating a problem with the receiver. I switch the plugs on the receiver between the steering and the servo and nothing changed. Or nothing except it when I operate the throttle the wheels turn left and right.At this point no matter what I try nothing works. Very irritated and frustrated that I got five minutes of run time maybe out of this thing and it’s having a problem. Any help would be greatly appreciate it. I was going to call Castle but they’re closed on the weekends. How very convenient, not

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back