ESC problem, no throttle

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Trixxstrr

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. 4x4-Mega
  2. Typhon 3s
My Senton 4x4 mega suddenly stopped working in the middle of a run. Steering works but no throttle. Tested with new battery, when turning on doesn't make any beeps like it normally does. Steering works. Half pull off throttle makes ESC blink, full pull makes it solid light so I know it's getting the signal. Connected motor directly to a battery and it spins fine so I think the motor seems fine. Tried turning throttle trim all the way down and up no luck. Any other tips to try or is my ESC toast? Didn't see any smoke or burning smell or anything like that. Video - https://www.dropbox.com/s/h0kxe9ojhx2f7o0/2019-09-08 20.34.22.mp4?dl=0

This isn’t lipo, it’s nimh, it’s the brushed motor. I have 8.4v and 9.6v batteries, both do the same.
What voltage are your NiMH cells? So you have the ESC jumper on lipo or NiMH?

What voltage are your NiMH cells? So you have the ESC jumper on lipo or NiMH?
Set to nimh yes, has been running fine for months leading up to this. My 8.4v batteries get up to 10.6 on a full charge and the 9.6 get up to 11.4. Sitting at around 10.5 right now while testing.

Set to nimh yes, has been running fine for months leading up to this. My 8.4v batteries get up to 10.6 on a full charge and the 9.6 get up to 11.4. Sitting at around 10.5 right now while testing.
I was asking for the individual cell voltages because if one cell is bad, it could cause the issues described.

Can someone explain ESC re calibration and if you think it would help since it seems to be getting a signal and lighting up?

Can someone explain ESC re calibration and if you think it would help since it seems to be getting a signal and lighting up?

The brushed esc auto calibrates when you turn on the transmitter that doesn't get messed up unless you mess with the throttle trim or using the trigger when the esc is turned on. Throttle trim should be neutral. I believe you have a esc or still even a motor problem check the esc motor leads with a multimeter your checking for voltage coming out of the leads when the throttle is pulled. The beeps you normaly here come from the motor the esc pulses power to the motor and it beeps when the esc is turned on (when everything is working properly).

My Senton 4x4 mega suddenly stopped working in the middle of a run. Steering works but no throttle. Tested with new battery, when turning on doesn't make any beeps like it normally does. Steering works. Half pull off throttle makes ESC blink, full pull makes it solid light so I know it's getting the signal. Connected motor directly to a battery and it spins fine so I think the motor seems fine. Tried turning throttle trim all the way down and up no luck. Any other tips to try or is my ESC toast? Didn't see any smoke or burning smell or anything like that. Video - https://www.dropbox.com/s/h0kxe9ojhx2f7o0/2019-09-08 20.34.22.mp4?dl=0
hey I have the exact same problem right now . did u figure it out?

hey I have the exact same problem right now . did u figure it out?
So for mine it turned out it was a problem in the motor afterall, I don't know the right terms but the arm thing inside that connects the power was like loose so it wasn't making a connection all the time. It threw me off when I tested the motor on it's own the first time it worked so I thought it was the esc but it wasn't. So first to get it working again for a bit I was able to put a screwdriver in and bend that arm a bit to make it tighter but it came loose again. In the end arrma was able to send me a replacement motor for free when I explained it to the support.

So it’s just the motor, nothing else? I am currently having the same problem as you and I’m scared cause I just got a new ESC. Thanks for the information, hopefully it’s the same thing so I wouldn’t have to send money.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back