Infraction ESC problems

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tony1

Fairly New Member
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Infraction
So I’m new to the page not really sure how to use it so I hope I’m doing this right I have a arrma infraction ran it a few times sense I got it and ran great I took it out yesterday in a big parking lot was running fine then just shut off on me wasn’t long at all I was running maybe 5mins don’t even think it was that long and I’m not getting anything from the ESC even with the batteries connected I’m stuck I looked at all the opponents that need to be checked anyone know what it could be?

So you have nothing? Steering, throttle , any lights flashing? If you still have steering the esc got over heated and as a precaution shut down. Big parking lots with tons of full throttle will do that even with stock gearing. If your batteries are fully charged, everything is cooled and you still have nothing at all you may need to call horizon for a warranty claim. You could try resetting your esc and go thru the procedure in the manual.
With a little more info the guys here will be able to guide better.

So you have nothing? Steering, throttle , any lights flashing? If you still have steering the esc got over heated and as a precaution shut down. Big parking lots with tons of full throttle will do that even with stock gearing. If your batteries are fully charged, everything is cooled and you still have nothing at all you may need to call horizon for a warranty claim. You could try resetting your esc and go thru the procedure in the manual.
With a little more info the guys here will be able to guide better.
I have nothing at all no lights ESC won’t even turn on and I’m running the other pin gear they sent with the truck saying this is for high speed runs only so I switched that the day I got it
they are actually brand new batteries I just bought charge them plug them in went to the parking lot and nothing now
I haven’t done much diag (or had anything really go wrong yet), but how are the batteries? I take it they are fully charged?
They are actually brand new batteries I had bought charge full put them in ran it and nothing now

Last edited:
I have nothing at all no lights ESC won’t even turn on and I’m running the other pin gear they sent with the truck saying this is for high speed runs only so I switched that the day I got it
they are actually brand new batteries I just bought charge them plug them in went to the parking lot and nothing now

They are actually brand new batteries I had bought charge full put them in ran it and nothing now
Could be what Jim said with regards to the esc

That sucks Tony. Sounds like the esc is dead. I’d still check the wires from the little switch and the battery connectors. Also as @jondilly1974 said try a different battery and check it’s connectors as well. When you call horizon make sure you have an hour in front of you. You call them, leave them your number and they call you back in 45min or so. You will also need your receipt and may need to send them the esc. They act pretty fast so they should have a new one to you soon.

Is there any hint of smoke or burnt electronics smell? Have you tried another lipo?
Never smoked and I didn’t smell anything
That sucks Tony. Sounds like the esc is dead. I’d still check the wires from the little switch and the battery connectors. Also as @jondilly1974 said try a different battery and check it’s connectors as well. When you call horizon make sure you have an hour in front of you. You call them, leave them your number and they call you back in 45min or so. You will also need your receipt and may need to send them the esc. They act pretty fast so they should have a new one to you soon.
Update I tried another battery still nothing and I got it of amain hobbies should I call them or horizon I’ve been at this thing all day so far sucks I’ve only ran it a few times

Never smoked and I didn’t smell anything

Update I tried another battery still nothing and I got it of amain hobbies should I call them or horizon I’ve been at this thing all day so far sucks I’ve only ran it a few times
Call horizon and leave a call back number

I had a similar issue. Mine shut off completely and wouldn't turn on, at first thought it was low battery or esc just in protection mode. Took apart the fan of the esc and the inside and saw some black liquid near the caps. Assume it got damange so got a new esc.

Sounds like the ESC. Easy way to check. Hold down the set button, and then switch on the ESC. If the LED's blink and the ESC Beeps, it is still working. If only the fan comes on and no beeps, the ESC is dead. I burnt out two Infraction ESC so far doing speed runs.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back