Esc problems

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mayrik

Fairly New Member
Reaction score
Hello,
I bought a new motor and esc for my Arrma senton. The old motor started sparking and than it just died but the servo still worked so I bought a Robotronic Razer 10 brushless combo. The new esc wont go into throttle calibration mode, after powering on the esc while holdin the set button and then rereleasing it and presing it one time the green loght does not flash and if you try to calibrate, it wont calibrate. I relly ned help with this because I'm a begginer and I don't know if i did every thing corectly.
Best regards.
Mayrik.

I suspect you are not following the setup sequence properly.:rolleyes: Not familiar with Robotronix ESC's myself. But many ESC's are similar. Yes you need to calibrate it to the Radio or it won't work. I can't find the manual anywhere to help you out.
Post the manual here, so myself or others can help you out best.
Welcome to AF.
Don't forget to Introduce yourself in the New members section of AF.
I'm sure this can be sorted out. :cool:

Last edited:
You might need to reverse the throttle channel on your transmitter for it to work. You can test this by doing the throttle calibration in reverse (if the procedure calls for full throttle, go full reverse and vice versa). Just a thought.

Welcome to AF :)

Hello,
The manual says to turn on the transmiter, and to then hold the set button and then to turn on the esc and to immediately realese the set button when the esc turns on. After that you are
supposed to move the throttle stick to its neutral possition and then press the set button again and the green light should flash 1 time. Then you give it full throttle and you press the set button again and the green led should flash 2 times, then you need to move the throttle to its full brake position. Then you press the set button again and the green light should flash 3 times. Then you are supposed to wait 3 second and the motor should be working. That's what the instructions say. I also found a yourube video where they show these exact steps.
Best regards.
Mayrik.

This is the manual.
IMG_20221019_174308.jpg

Last edited:
Hello,
I'm using the original spektrum slr 300 reciver an slt3 radio. And here is the manual for the robitronic combo

IMG_20221019_174308.jpg

IMG_20221019_174353.jpg

IMG_20221019_174358.jpg

IMG_20221019_174549.jpg

1666198027036.gif

1666198027109.gif

1666198027180.gif

1666198027253.gif

1666198027328.gif

Have you double checked that the esc is plugged into channel 2, and the polarity of the plug is correct? Folks have had this issue when the esc was in the wrong channel or the plug was in backwards..including myself. It happens! LOL. Assuming the flashing light is red before letting go of the set button?
Also, do you have steering?

It would really help if you could post a picture of your receiver showing where everything is plugged in and indicating which wires go to what. Like knowair said, they may not be plugged in the correct slots or way. That’ll help determine if you’re plugged in correctly.

Senton_prime may have a point, the receiver and transmitter may have ‘unbound themselves’ and need to be rebound. I’m assuming that they were working correctly before you started working on the car, right?

Go ahead and check the batteries in your remote real quick. That’ll get settle that possible issue. Sometimes it’s simply a process of elimination. Patiently going through one thing at a time. Everyone here wants to help, so post those pictures.

It would really help if you could post a picture of your receiver showing where everything is plugged in and indicating which wires go to what. Like knowair said, they may not be plugged in the correct slots or way. That’ll help determine if you’re plugged in correctly.

Senton_prime may have a point, the receiver and transmitter may have ‘unbound themselves’ and need to be rebound. I’m assuming that they were working correctly before you started working on the car, right?

Go ahead and check the batteries in your remote real quick. That’ll get settle that possible issue. Sometimes it’s simply a process of elimination. Patiently going through one thing at a time. Everyone here wants to help, so post those pictures.
Hello,
I tried binding it by switching the servo and esc plugs and it binded fine so I think the problem is in the radio.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back