ESC programmer update

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Felony
I'm not sure if I'm not making myself clear or Arrma does not have a solution. I bought an Arrma ESC programmer that seems to be out of date. The ESC updates on the programmer are old. How do you update the programmer with new ESC firmware?Seems all the capabilities are there, just doesn't seem to be an automated or manual function of the programmer GUI.

You update the programmer first, select under 'Device' and switch to LCD Programmer.

There are no new updates for the ESCs but you can load different versions. Updates will come out eventually.

You update the programmer first, select under 'Device' and switch to LCD Programmer.

There are no new updates for the ESCs but you can load different versions. Updates will come out eventually.
Here?
1607646345600.png

Ok, still confused on this process. I updated the programmer but cannot upgrade the ESC (options greyed out). What's worse is I cannot change any settings (I can change them but it won't let me apply them). Goal was to increase brakes from 75% (default) to 100%. Here are some screen captures to show my issues:
1608936296360.png

Popup when connecting to ESC
1608936350185.png

ESC firmware screen
1608936438468.png

ESC settings
1608936507529.png

I have to look at this myself but some simple suggestions.

ESC Firmware is greyed out because there is no new firmware available.
To apply settings to the ESC, disconnect your PC and only use the programmer standalone.

I have to check later if my programmer does the same as yours, never tried setting up the ESC itself through the PC.

I have to look at this myself but some simple suggestions.

ESC Firmware is greyed out because there is no new firmware available.
To apply settings to the ESC, disconnect your PC and only use the programmer standalone.

I have to check later if my programmer does the same as yours, never tried setting up the ESC itself through the PC.
Ok I'll try without the PC. What version of software are you using?

Update:
So it seems there is a newer version of the programmer app, v1.0.7. I downloaded the new firmware into my programmer (3.2.45) and uploaded the newest ESC firmware (mine was 2.12, newest is 2.16). This version allows the programmer to be connected to PC and make changes. I just uploaded my brake parameter to 100% from my PC.

Much better now. Though I gotta say I have no idea how they (Arrma) keeps this stuff up to date. It seems you have to constantly download applications to have the latest and greatest. Wish the same app connected to a server and updated itself.

Back