ESC programming and servo BEC voltage

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

R/C_Fan!

Fairly New Member
Reaction score
I recently bought the Spectrum ESC programmer, and I noticed that you could change the voltage for the steering servo from 6 volts to 8.4 volts.

I just bought a steering servo capable of operating at 8.4 volts. Is there anything else that I should be aware of, or some hardware limitation (other than the stock servo) that will prevent me from safely changing this setting to 8.4 volts?

84F4AA8D-2DE6-486B-B2EB-559867C38A9B.jpeg
3214EBE8-A5CB-4CD0-955F-018BD8711AAA.jpeg
02DAB58E-122C-4C55-955C-AEC343838DD3.jpeg

Make sure your receiver can handle at least 9 or 10 volts on it's power rail.

Make sure your receiver can handle at least 9 or 10 volts on it's power rail.

Thanks for the advice!

However, could you enlighten me a little bit as to what you are talking about and how would I go about doing that? I have the stock receiver and the vehicle is practically new, so the electronics have yet to be modified, and I would like to do things right.

Thanks for the advice!

However, could you enlighten me a little bit as to what you are talking about and how would I go about doing that? I have the stock receiver and the vehicle is practically new, so the electronics have yet to be modified, and I would like to do things right.
Is this the receiver you have: https://www.spektrumrc.com/Products/Default.aspx?ProdID=SPMSR315

Voltage range is 3.6 - 9.6v

So if your servo is capable of 8.4v and you've got this receiver (if not google yours) you're good to go setting the BEC to 8.4 volts.

Your good to go on making that change. My only addition would be to make sure your end points are set correctly. Don't assume the factory did them correctly.
What esc are you programming?

The stock 160 amp ESC in the K8S.

Hi all, is it possible to do this on s Noto 6s esc? I purchased a Savox 2290 with intention of getting a new HW esc but have changed my mind. If it's not possible, can I wire in a different BEC to get 8.4v for my servo? Thanks.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back