ESC Rebrand Conversion Guide

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Did you listen to any of the times I explained in depth with huge paragraphs to people that esc amp ratings are completely useless?

Just because they change it from 80 to 100 doesn’t mean they changed anything inside to help it handle more amps. Nobody does that. Takes too much time and money. They probably just rated it higher so people think it can actually handle the motor it’s paired to for a long time.
I wasn't trying to come across like I was arguing with you more explaining why I was wondering about it. Sorry.

Nooo no I get it, as you can see by my edited post that’s just how I type. Straight to the point and no bs. I guess sometimes it causes me to look pissed off but I can assure everyone on this forum that is not the case, I’m just too lazy to sugar coat my words, and I don’t like to waste people’s time.

It sucks that there isn't a standard that is followed by the industry. It's like nitro horse power numbers all over again.

All we can do is post up how things work for us in any given situation/installation so we can figure out what will work for us vs trying to go off manufacturer numbers. It's frustrating to say the least.

With that said, if I were to run an ESC from a company and I was overheating once in a while, I wouldn't have much choice but to go by what that mfr states for their lineup of esc's and get the next one up in amps so I don't run so close to the limit for my scenario. However, it makes it nearly impossible to jump to a different brand entirely without starting out with a mistake.

Is there a way to test the actual amp load of a esc? I know they can do it with batteries but not sure about escs.

Okay now I’m pissed off though. I’ll edit out his name so there’s no name drop or drama, but apparently this Traxxas mod decided he doesn’t like what I said to someone and removed the sentence from my reply without saying anything about it.

It was a kid asking about a castle 1515 vs a castle 1512 and I told him stuff about them, and at the end I told him to beware of the counterfeit cheap underperforming china versions of castle motors, if the ones you’re looking at are cheap, it’s because they’re fake. Then a few minutes later I checked on the thread only to see that he edited out that sentence. The hell??? He didn’t leave an edit note or nothing. Nobody knew what the **** I said, he just completely changed and modified my post without acknowledging it ever and nobody would ever know that.

So I replied on the post again saying “I’m not sure why but a mod edited out my comment on counterfeit castle motors. Beware of buying them, they aren’t good”

And then I received this...

First off, someone tell me how what I said was making him want to buy a fake castle motor? And secondly, let’s say I did say something bad, is it right for a mod to be able to edit my post with no notices to me or the general public about my statement being tampered with at all? Maybe he sells counterfeit motors or something.

I want to make it clear that THERE WAS NO EDITING REASON OR DISCLAIMER AT ALL. Not even an “edited due to incorrect statement” or whatever. Nothing!

Edit, just got a “major” infraction that put me into a “penalty box” because of how I replied to his statement. It wasn’t anything bad but I think he got triggered when I said “I’m not sure why you removed my statement in the first place, what are you a counterfeit seller or something?

Last edited:
No there’s not a simple way to test the capabilities of an esc’s amps. To find out how many amps it can take you’d have to kill it (as that’s how it’s rated but they then tamper with the number)

The Reedy SC1000-BL near as I can tell is a SC8 with a lower amp rating and limited programming.

Maybe the rebrander just changed the numbers for no reason. It’s not a new thing to do. Trust me, nobody is gonna take an esc and then make it worse so it runs hotter and doesn’t have the capability of what it had stock.

Never mind on that infraction by the way, penalty box means permanently banned according the notification that informed me that when I logged back in. Bullshit, just got banned off the Traxxas forums because a f*ckin mod edited my statement without saying anything and basically twisted my words by removing that statement, because now that kid is gonna buy that fake motor and be like “wow this thing runs hot as hell, shoulda never listened to that guy on the forums” SMH! This is now the only forum I am on, URC got shutdown and Traxxas I am banned for defending myself against a mod who edited my post and not leaving a note.

If you’re gonna change what everyone says so the outcome of what they’re trying to convey is different, what the hell do you have a forum for. Reason I’m mad is because my e revo actually got decent attention there, as this is an arrma forum. Guess I’ll have to tell my revo it won’t get so much love from the public anymore lol.

Reason I’m mad is because my e revo actually got decent attention there, as this is an arrma forum. Guess I’ll have to tell my revo it won’t get so much love from the public anymore lol.

Can always post about it on rctalk.com ;)

That's where I post most of my non-traxxas brand traxxas stuff. I got poo'd on a few times at traxxas's forum for posting up my OS21TM revo and LRP28S3 revo... lol! Heaven forbid I say the trx2.5/3.3 engines aren't enough engine in my opinion for the MT trucks traxxas puts them in. That got me a few warnings...

Never mind on that infraction by the way, penalty box means permanently banned according the notification that informed me that when I logged back in. Bullshit, just got banned off the Traxxas forums because a f*ckin mod edited my statement without saying anything and basically twisted my words by removing that statement, because now that kid is gonna buy that fake motor and be like “wow this thing runs hot as hell, shoulda never listened to that guy on the forums” SMH! This is now the only forum I am on, URC got shutdown and Traxxas I am banned for defending myself against a mod who edited my post and not leaving a note.

If you’re gonna change what everyone says so the outcome of what they’re trying to convey is different, what the hell do you have a forum for. Reason I’m mad is because my e revo actually got decent attention there, as this is an arrma forum. Guess I’ll have to tell my revo it won’t get so much love from the public anymore lol.
Time for an alias. Why not go with a different email address as caaasheeew or praaaliiine ;)

That’s all above my iq. All I’m trying to do is let @FnFancy; @222; @panther6834; and @gmoney82186 know I got banned! And for a completely garbage reason. Oh yeah and @Squeegie.

(Message edited because it turned dark quick lol)

Last edited:
Can always post about it on rctalk.com ;)

That's where I post most of my non-traxxas brand traxxas stuff. I got poo'd on a few times at traxxas's forum for posting up my OS21TM revo and LRP28S3 revo... lol! Heaven forbid I say the trx2.5/3.3 engines aren't enough engine in my opinion for the MT trucks traxxas puts them in. That got me a few warnings...
I wonder what would happen if I posted this picture on the Traxxas forums?

Probably not much, but mods would find a way to ban you for it.

Yeah I’ll just fade away from those forums then LoL. I’d rather not pay money for something like that.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back