ESC Rebrand Conversion Guide

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
If anyone has any others, please chip in. Anything with nothing next to it means it is completely identical other than exterior features. For the abbreviations I used:
MMM= Mamba Monster Original
MM2= Mamba Monster 2
MMP= Mamba Max Pro
F310C= Castle Mamba Monster series made before 2013
F360C= Castle Mamba Monster series made from 2013 and up, not including the Mamba Monster X.
  • Traxxas MXL-6s= Castle MM2 (F360C)
  • Traxxas ET-3s= Castle MMP (WITH ONLY 3S LIPO CAPABILITY UNTIL HACKED, THEN YOU CAN USE 6S)
  • HPI Blur=Castle MMM (WITH LIMITED PROGRAMMABILITY) (F310/F360C)
  • HPI ELC-6s= Castle MM2 (LIMITED PROGRAMMING) (F360C)
  • HPI Rage= Hobbywing 8BL-120
  • HPI ELH-6s= Hobbywing 8BL-150
  • HPI Q-Base= Castle MMP (LIMITED PROGRAMMING, RESTRICTED TO 4S, INTERNAL CAPICITORS MODIFIED, CANNOT TAKE 6S)
  • Axial AE= Castle Sidewinder
  • Axial AE-2= Castle Sidewinder 2
  • Axial AE-3= Castle Sidewinder 3
  • Axial AE-4= Castle Sidewinder 8th
  • Arrma BLX-200= Hobbywing Max8 (LIMITED PROGRAMMING)
  • Arrma BLX-185= Hobbywing 8BL-150 (LIMITED PROGRAMMING)
  • Arrma BLX-100= Hobbywing Max10 (LIMITED PROGRAMMING)
  • Hexfly HEX 8= Hobbywing Max8 (LIMITED PROGRAMMING)
  • Hexfly Hex6= Hobbywing Max6 (SOME LIMITED TO 6S MAX, BOTH VERSIONS LIMITED PROGRAMMING)
  • Hexfly Hex10= Hobbywing Max10 SCT (LIMITED PROGRAMMING)
  • Dynamite Fuze-150A= Hobbywing 8BL-150 (PROGRAM VIA DYNAMITE CARD)
  • Dynamite Fuze 160A= Hobbywing Max6 (PROGRAM LIMITED VIA DYNAMITE CARD, EXTREME HV BEC)
  • Dynamite Fuze 130A= Hobbywing SC8 (PROGRAM VIA DYNAMITE CARD)
  • Dynamite Fuze 90A= Castle Sidewinder 8th
  • Thunder Tiger BLC-150C= Hobbywing EzRun 150a (LIMITED PROGRAMMING)
  • Thunder Tiger BLC- 80C= Hobbywing EzRun 80a (LIMITED PROGRAMMING)
  • Ace 150a= Hobbywing EzRun 150a (LIMITED PROGRAMMING)
  • Reedy SC300-BL= Hobbywing Quicrun 16BL30. (LIMITED PROGRAMMING)
  • Reedy SC600-BL= Hobbywing Quicrun 10BL60 (LIMITED PROGRAMMING)
  • Reedy SC800-BL= Hobbywing Quicrun WPBL80 (LIMITED PROGRAMMING)
  • Reedy SC1000-BL= Hobbywing SC8 (LIMITED PROGRAMMING)
  • Leopard BL5= Hobbywing Max5 (LIMITED PROGRAMMING)
  • Leopard BL6= Hobbywing Max6 (Limited PROGRAMMING, ALL BL6 UNITS LIMITED TO 6S LIPO MAX)
  • HoBao 89421= Hobbywing Quicrun 8BL-150 (LIMITED PROGRAMMING)
  • HoBao 89341= Hobbywing Quicrun 8BL-100
EVERY CASTLE CREATIONS ESC REBRAND HAS ACCESS TO CASTLE LINK, THOSE WITH LIMITED PROGRAMMING MAY BE LIMITED TO CERTAIN FIRMWARE, LIKE HOW HPI MUST APPROVE CERTAIN FIRMWARE FOR YOU TO DOWNLOAD, BUT THEY CAN ALWAYS BE HACKED AND REFLASHED TO MODERN FIRMWARE AT YOUR OWN RISK.

DUE TO HOBBYWING'S PROGRAMMING METHOD, NONE OF THEIR REBRAND ESC'S CAN BE HACKED.

Any other labelings are appreciated. This took awhile, hopefully it’s a point of reference for people. The arrma esc’s also seem to be detuned along with the program limitation but the detune is most likely part of how they changed the programming, therefore will not be mentioned. Arrma, Traxxas and Dynamite are the only ones who actually changed the programming, the others just don’t have access to some minor features.

None of the castle systems have any modified programming, those with limited may not let you download certain firmware versions.
Hey buddy awesome post I just recently picked up a hexfly 8 ESC which like you said is a rebranded Max 8 with a little bit of limited programming. I'm just a regular Basher who likes to jump and do flips and get air I don't race but I like to go fast and jump like I said. Is there anyway you could explain to me what kind of limited programming I'm going to be getting with the hexfly 8 I'm using a 1730kv hobby star 4092 can and I've talked to some awesome YouTubers that bash their kratons and they said this would be a perfect match for the price and what I'd be doing with my kraton.

Cen colossus = hobbywing quik run 150amp 08BL150
2 colossus and 2 arrmas with rebranded quikruns now lol. Least I got good options for the other smaller trucks once I upgrade these lol

Cen colossus = hobbywing quik run 150amp 08BL150
2 colossus and 2 arrmas with rebranded quikruns now lol. Least I got good options for the other smaller trucks once I upgrade these lol
Sorry I’m late. Can’t edit the original post anymore. How it stands it will stand! I’d like to delete the vote pole because it was made in a fit of anger- and maybe get this pinned to help others out looking to save some money on a new esc.

Sorry I’m late. Can’t edit the original post anymore. How it stands it will stand! I’d like to delete the vote pole because it was made in a fit of anger- and maybe get this pinned to help others out looking to save some money on a new esc.
Just copy paste the list and make a new topic ??‍♂️

If you buy premium you can edit your posts.
Otherwise maybe we could get @WoodiE to fix it.
And why is this not a sticky?

If you buy premium you can edit your posts.
Otherwise maybe we could get @WoodiE to fix it.
And why is this not a sticky?
I think the controversial pole is why. And I’m not gonna copy paste... that’s kinda spam I think.

If anyone has any others, please chip in. Anything with nothing next to it means it is completely identical other than exterior features. For the abbreviations I used:
MMM= Mamba Monster Original
MM2= Mamba Monster 2
MMP= Mamba Max Pro
F310C= Castle Mamba Monster series made before 2013
F360C= Castle Mamba Monster series made from 2013 and up, not including the Mamba Monster X.
  • Traxxas MXL-6s= Castle MM2 (F360C)
  • Traxxas ET-3s= Castle MMP (WITH ONLY 3S LIPO CAPABILITY UNTIL HACKED, THEN YOU CAN USE 6S)
  • HPI Blur=Castle MMM (WITH LIMITED PROGRAMMABILITY) (F310/F360C)
  • HPI ELC-6s= Castle MM2 (LIMITED PROGRAMMING) (F360C)
  • HPI Rage= Hobbywing 8BL-120
  • HPI ELH-6s= Hobbywing 8BL-150
  • HPI Q-Base= Castle MMP (LIMITED PROGRAMMING, RESTRICTED TO 4S, INTERNAL CAPICITORS MODIFIED, CANNOT TAKE 6S)
  • Axial AE= Castle Sidewinder
  • Axial AE-2= Castle Sidewinder 2
  • Axial AE-3= Castle Sidewinder 3
  • Axial AE-4= Castle Sidewinder 8th
  • Arrma BLX-200= Hobbywing Max8 (LIMITED PROGRAMMING)
  • Arrma BLX-185= Hobbywing 8BL-150 (LIMITED PROGRAMMING)
  • Arrma BLX-100= Hobbywing Max10 (LIMITED PROGRAMMING)
  • Hexfly HEX 8= Hobbywing Max8 (LIMITED PROGRAMMING)
  • Hexfly Hex6= Hobbywing Max6 (SOME LIMITED TO 6S MAX, BOTH VERSIONS LIMITED PROGRAMMING)
  • Hexfly Hex10 = 하비 윙 Max10 SCT ( 제한된 프로그래밍 )
  • 다이너마이트 Fuze-150A = Hobbywing 8BL-150 ( DYNAMITE CARD를 통한 프로그램)
  • 다이너마이트 퍼즈 160A = Hobbywing Max6 (Dynamic 카드를 통한 프로그램 제한, EXTREME HV BEC )
  • 다이너마이트 Fuze 130A = Hobbywing SC8 (DYNAMITE CARD를 통한 프로그램)
  • 다이너마이트 Fuze 90A = Castle Sidewinder 8th
  • Thunder Tiger BLC-150C = 하비 윙 EzRun 150a ( 제한된 프로그래밍)
  • Thunder Tiger BLC- 80C = 하비 윙 EzRun 80a ( 제한된 프로그래밍 )
  • Ace 150a = 하비 윙 EzRun 150a ( 제한된 프로그래밍)
  • Reedy SC300-BL = 하비 윙 퀴 크런 16BL30. ( 제한된 프로그래밍 )
  • Reedy SC600-BL = 하비 윙 퀴 크런 10BL60 ( 제한적 프로그래밍 )
  • Reedy SC800-BL = 하비 윙 퀴 크런 WPBL80 (제한된 프로그래밍)
  • Reedy SC1000-BL = 하비 윙 SC8 (제한된 프로그래밍)
  • Leopard BL5 = Hobbywing Max5 ( 제한된 프로그래밍 )
  • Leopard BL6 = Hobbywing Max6 ( 제한된 프로그래밍, 모든 BL6 단위는 6S LIPO MAX로 제한됨 )
  • HoBao 89421 = 하비 윙 퀴 크런 8BL-150 ( 제한된 프로그래밍)
  • HoBao 89341 = 하비 윙 퀴 크런 8BL-100
모든 성명서 ESC REBRAND는 제한된 링크가있는 성게 링크에 액세스 할 수 있습니다. 제한적인 프로그램은 특정 펌웨어로 제한 될 수 있습니다.

HOBBYWING의 프로그래밍 방법으로 인해 해당 브랜드의 ESC 중 어느 것도 해킹 될 수 없습니다.

다른 라벨도 인정됩니다. 이것은 다소 시간이 걸렸으며, 사람들에게 참조 점이되기를 바랍니다. arrma esc도 프로그램 제한과 함께 조정 된 것으로 보이지만 조정은 프로그래밍 변경 방법의 일부일 가능성이 높으므로 언급하지 않습니다. Arrma, Traxxas 및 Dynamite는 실제로 프로그래밍을 변경 한 유일한 사람이며 일부는 사소한 기능에 액세스 할 수 없습니다.

캐슬 시스템에는 수정 된 프로그래밍이 없으며, 제한이있는 시스템에서는 특정 펌웨어 버전을 다운로드하지 못할 수 있습니다.

[/인용문]
지금 데이터를 얻을 수 없습니까?
다이너마이트 90a에있는 성을 좋아합니다.

Uh dude how did you get that bottom half to be Chinese lol

Uh dude how did you get that bottom half to be Chinese lol
Pretty sure that’s not Chinese. My guess would be Korean or Thai due to the circular nature of the characters.

Pretty sure that’s not Chinese. My guess would be Korean or Thai due to the circular nature of the characters.
Oh, that explains everything ? A swing and a miss!

sorry It's my mistake.
I didn't know that Google translated into Korean automatically.
I'm looking for the rebranded dynamite 90a Castle firmware data.
Can I get the firmware data?
I apologize once again for mistaking the language.

That’s a great question. To be honest, you gotta ask someone smarter than me. The only escs I’ve been able to hack were with the help of very smart people on a different forum that I no longer have access to. The last unlocked esc I’ve ever owned was the mxl 6s in my e revo 2.0 that was breached 2 years ago. It is absolutely possible to restore that esc to factory firmware, I just don’t know how to host the files and revert castle link to previous versions.

sorry It's my mistake.
I didn't know that Google translated into Korean automatically.
I'm looking for the rebranded dynamite 90a Castle firmware data.
Can I get the firmware data?
I still have the links to the files. But I'm not sure if it's possible with the dynamite 90A. But you can give it a try.
This link explains everything you need to know:
https://forums.traxxas.com/showthre...re-on-Traxxas-or-other-re-branded-Castle-ESCs
And this one is the link to all the files:
http://www.traxxas.com.ar/castle/

I still have the links to the files. But I'm not sure if it's possible with the dynamite 90A. But you can give it a try.
This link explains everything you need to know:
https://forums.traxxas.com/showthre...re-on-Traxxas-or-other-re-branded-Castle-ESCs
And this one is the link to all the files:
http://www.traxxas.com.ar/castle/
Thank you for the comments.
I've already run the data for the Traxxas forum.
However, an error code will occur and will not run

Thank you for the comments.
I've already run the data for the Traxxas forum.
However, an error code will occur and will not run
Which error code do you get? Does it say your ESC is not supported or the SW is incompatible?

Which error code do you get? Does it say your ESC is not supported or the SW is incompatible?
I’m curious as well. There’s gotta be a way around whatever’s preventing him from reverting to factory firmware. I really appreciate your help by the way, that is a great link for people who want to revert in the future.

I’m curious as well. There’s gotta be a way around whatever’s preventing him from reverting to factory firmware. I really appreciate your help by the way, that is a great link for people who want to revert in the future.
Glad I can help :)
I'm surprised that the link is still up, but it works and that's awesome for people with their older rebranded Castle ESC's.

I wonder what would happen if I posted this picture on the Traxxas forums?
View attachment 29980
I posted mine in there recently after installing the blx2050 in my ERBEv2 and have also mentioned the esc is an HPI esc. Will see how many eyebrows raise when I post up photos with the arrma motor and max6 esc I'll be putting in it this week. :)

I came back to this thread to see what the blx185 was as I'll also be replacing mine with a max6 in my outcast and was curious what it was as I may end up dropping it in my stampede 4x4 in place of the max10 sct. It still overheats on me with the 3200kv 3665 motor at a gearing I really want to run, actually, wouldn't hate a bit taller gearing. :(

20191204_123848.jpg

An error code appears as in the picture.
For your information, I use the firmware on the link above
The esc of Traxxas xo1 is mamba monster2
The original version was successful.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back