ESC Rebrand Conversion Guide

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Kyosho Speed House Brainz 8six is a Max8.
I also see those ones as well now. I agreed to that reply because I just did a quick search and this was what came up:
IMG_2599.PNG

Seems there's a small one and a big one under the same series (brainz 8).
I wouldn't have edited it in anyway though because I haven't done any research on that esc, which was what I did before I posted every esc on this page- extensive searching to make sure all specs match up.

I searched too, there is Brainz 8 = Max10 120A, and a Brainz 8-6s, which looks like the MAX8 indeed.
Who was the brainz that named them both the same? Why not brainz4/brainz6... dumb. Reminds me of the hexfly "max6" where one is 6s capable and the other is 8s capable, but both called hex6.

To be fair, Arrma's naming department is pretty horrible. Multiple trucks with the same name, except one truck that has two different names depending on body. Leads to lots of confusion when discussing them or looking for parts! ?‍♂️

Just saw the Spektrum Firma 130 ESC. Think this is an upgraded Hobbywing Max10 SCT? Rated 130A /4s. Could it be a direct drop in for the 4s BLX trucks?

I've been missing the software programming of Castle, anyone have a review on Spectrum's software program capabilities?

So i did a search on this forum and didn't get any results.... Queenhobby 120esc...
Anybody know anything about them?
Looks very similar to a HW8bl100, but it doesn't have a set button, just on/off switch.
(Sorry if this is in wrong place,)

So i did a search on this forum and didn't get any results.... Queenhobby 120esc...
Anybody know anything about them?
Looks very similar to a HW8bl100, but it doesn't have a set button, just on/off switch.
(Sorry if this is in wrong place,)
Got a link? I've bought a few Queen's Hobbies motors off eBay before, they seem like Hobbystar rebrands.

Just checked the eBay seller's store that I got my Queen's motors from and saw this

Screenshot_20200827-232806_eBay.jpg

I’d have to have someone take the esc apart or take one apart myself to update the original post. Looks alone aren’t enough to tell if an esc is a rebrand, they could use lower quality internals (like the hpi q-base) which is why it’s very important that we match up ESCs for certainty.

This is the one I bought for my 3s Typhon. I am running it with a 3665 2900kv Surpass motor with a 20 tooth pinion.

US $38.87 | Hobbywing MAX10 SCT 120A RTR Brushless ESC for 1/10 SCT Truck Moster Truck RC Car
https://a.aliexpress.com/_m0pvsyR

Yesterday while running it in the street with a few water splashes, I took the car in to dry it off. The esc had come loose from my mounting location. I used hot glue. I turned the esc over and it had a small spot on the bottom that had melted. How is this possible with it being a 120amp esc and me only running 3s on it? It never once shut off or acted like the esc was overheating. Surely 2900kv isn’t too high for it. This is my first real test with this esc and the 20 tooth pinion. I previously had the 15 tooth on it but never really was able to run a full pack through it due to the cold weather. It was only 40 degrees F outside as well. The fan was still working.

I’m at a loss. I previously had a Surpass 120 amp esc that somehow overheated on 3s and caught fire from it melting. So I thought I was good to go buying this Hobbywing. I was only on 15 tooth with the Surpass esc burning up.

This is the one I bought for my 3s Typhon. I am running it with a 3665 2900kv Surpass motor with a 20 tooth pinion.

US $38.87 | Hobbywing MAX10 SCT 120A RTR Brushless ESC for 1/10 SCT Truck Moster Truck RC Car
https://a.aliexpress.com/_m0pvsyR

Yesterday while running it in the street with a few water splashes, I took the car in to dry it off. The esc had come loose from my mounting location. I used hot glue. I turned the esc over and it had a small spot on the bottom that had melted. How is this possible with it being a 120amp esc and me only running 3s on it? It never once shut off or acted like the esc was overheating. Surely 2900kv isn’t too high for it. This is my first real test with this esc and the 20 tooth pinion. I previously had the 15 tooth on it but never really was able to run a full pack through it due to the cold weather. It was only 40 degrees F outside as well. The fan was still working.

I’m at a loss. I previously had a Surpass 120 amp esc that somehow overheated on 3s and caught fire from it melting. So I thought I was good to go buying this Hobbywing. I was only on 15 tooth with the Surpass esc burning up.

Did you use hot glue or low temp glue? If you used hot glue it is possible that the glue melted the esc. Hot glue can reach temps up to 450* F.

• Polyethylene terephthalate /PET or recyclable 1 has a melting point of 255 degrees Celsius (491 degrees Fahrenheit).
  • High-density and low-density polyethylenes -- HDPE and LDPE, or recyclables 2 and 4 -- melt at 130 degrees Celsius (266 degrees Fahrenheit) and 120 degrees Celsius (248 degrees Fahrenheit), respectively.
  • Polypropylene, or recyclable 5 melting point is 170 degrees Celsius (338 degrees Fahrenheit).
  • The range of melting points for recyclable 6 plastic, formally known as polystyrene, is 100 to 120 degrees Celsius (212 to 248 degrees Fahrenheit).
  • Polyvinyl chloride plastics /PVC, or recyclable 3 melt at as low as 75 degrees Celsius (167 degrees Fahrenheit).
Use 3m double sided tape to secure your esc like this https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0026HOTZ...abc_QGPWE770V45HJ2TEAXQ0?_encoding=UTF8&psc=1

Did you use hot glue or low temp glue? If you used hot glue it is possible that the glue melted the esc. Hot glue can reach temps up to 450* F.

• Polyethylene terephthalate /PET or recyclable 1 has a melting point of 255 degrees Celsius (491 degrees Fahrenheit).
  • High-density and low-density polyethylenes -- HDPE and LDPE, or recyclables 2 and 4 -- melt at 130 degrees Celsius (266 degrees Fahrenheit) and 120 degrees Celsius (248 degrees Fahrenheit), respectively.
  • Polypropylene, or recyclable 5 melting point is 170 degrees Celsius (338 degrees Fahrenheit).
  • The range of melting points for recyclable 6 plastic, formally known as polystyrene, is 100 to 120 degrees Celsius (212 to 248 degrees Fahrenheit).
  • Polyvinyl chloride plastics /PVC, or recyclable 3 melt at as low as 75 degrees Celsius (167 degrees Fahrenheit).
Use 3m double sided tape to secure your esc like this https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0026HOTZ...abc_QGPWE770V45HJ2TEAXQ0?_encoding=UTF8&psc=1
So I’m stupid. The melting that I thought I saw was actually the 3m tape residue. But I did get some new MT tires installed and I switched back to the 15 tooth pinion.

So I’m stupid. The melting that I thought I saw was actually the 3m tape residue. But I did get some new MT tires installed and I switched back to the 15 tooth pinion.
Oh well that is good news then. 🤘

Who was the brainz that named them both the same? Why not brainz4/brainz6... dumb. Reminds me of the hexfly "max6" where one is 6s capable and the other is 8s capable, but both called hex6.
That was Redcat's Brains not working well. As usual.

Hey found a slight error in the main post, the Hexfly HEX10 does not have limited programming it has all of the same programming options as the Max10 SCT 120a it just does not have the temp port for the motor.

Hey found a slight error in the main post, the Hexfly HEX10 does not have limited programming it has all of the same programming options as the Max10 SCT 120a it just does not have the temp port for the motor.
Feel free to edit it yourself man I’m kinda inactive here anymore and I don’t even think I have permissions to edit the main post. Also actually I was aware of that being the only drawback but I considered it a restricted feature. There’s a few ESCs on the board in a similar situation but they’re listed as “limited programming”

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back