ESC Rebrand Conversion Guide

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DoNoHarm

Very Active Member
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Senton 6s
If anyone has any others, please chip in. Anything with nothing next to it means it is completely identical other than exterior features. For the abbreviations I used:
MMM= Mamba Monster Original
MM2= Mamba Monster 2
MMP= Mamba Max Pro
F310C= Castle Mamba Monster series made before 2013
F360C= Castle Mamba Monster series made from 2013 and up, not including the Mamba Monster X.
  • Traxxas MXL-6s= Castle MM2 (F360C)
  • Traxxas ET-3s= Castle MMP (WITH ONLY 3S LIPO CAPABILITY UNTIL HACKED, THEN YOU CAN USE 6S)
  • HPI Blur=Castle MMM (WITH LIMITED PROGRAMMABILITY) (F310/F360C)
  • HPI ELC-6s= Castle MM2 (LIMITED PROGRAMMING) (F360C)
  • HPI Rage= Hobbywing 8BL-120
  • HPI ELH-6s= Hobbywing 8BL-150
  • HPI Q-Base= Castle MMP (LIMITED PROGRAMMING, RESTRICTED TO 4S, INTERNAL CAPICITORS MODIFIED, CANNOT TAKE 6S)
  • Axial AE= Castle Sidewinder
  • Axial AE-2= Castle Sidewinder 2
  • Axial AE-3= Castle Sidewinder 3
  • Axial AE-4= Castle Sidewinder 8th
  • Arrma BLX-200= Hobbywing Max8 (LIMITED PROGRAMMING)
  • Arrma BLX-185= Hobbywing 8BL-150 (LIMITED PROGRAMMING)
  • Arrma BLX-120= Hobbywing Max10 SCT(LIMITED PROGRAMMING)
  • Arrma BLX-100= Hobbywing Max10 (LIMITED PROGRAMMING)
  • Hexfly HEX 8= Hobbywing Max8 (LIMITED PROGRAMMING)
  • Hexfly Hex6= Hobbywing Max6 (SOME LIMITED TO 6S MAX, BOTH VERSIONS LIMITED PROGRAMMING)
  • Hexfly Hex10= Hobbywing Max10 SCT
  • Dynamite Fuze-150A= Hobbywing 8BL-150 (PROGRAM VIA DYNAMITE CARD)
  • Dynamite Fuze 160A= Hobbywing Max6 (PROGRAM LIMITED VIA DYNAMITE CARD, EXTREME HV BEC)
  • Dynamite Fuze 130A= Hobbywing SC8 (PROGRAM VIA DYNAMITE CARD)
  • Dynamite Fuze 90A= Castle Sidewinder 8th
  • Thunder Tiger BLC-150C= Hobbywing EzRun 150a (LIMITED PROGRAMMING)
  • Thunder Tiger BLC- 80C= Hobbywing EzRun 80a (LIMITED PROGRAMMING)
  • Ace 150a= Hobbywing EzRun 150a (LIMITED PROGRAMMING)
  • Reedy SC300-BL= Hobbywing Quicrun 16BL30. (LIMITED PROGRAMMING)
  • Reedy SC600-BL= Hobbywing Quicrun 10BL60 (LIMITED PROGRAMMING)
  • Reedy SC800-BL= Hobbywing Quicrun WPBL80 (LIMITED PROGRAMMING)
  • Reedy SC1000-BL= Hobbywing SC8 (LIMITED PROGRAMMING)
  • Leopard BL5= Hobbywing Max5 (LIMITED PROGRAMMING)
  • Leopard BL6= Hobbywing Max6 (Limited PROGRAMMING, ALL BL6 UNITS LIMITED TO 6S LIPO MAX)
  • HoBao 89421= Hobbywing Quicrun 8BL-150 (LIMITED PROGRAMMING)
  • HoBao 89341= Hobbywing Quicrun 8BL-100
  • Spektrum Firma 80a = Hobbywing Quicrun with smart features(limited to 3s.)
  • Spektrum Firma 100a = Hobbywing Quicrun with smart features(limited to 3s.)
  • Spektrum Firma 120a = Hobbywing Quicrun with smart features.
  • Spektrum Firma 130a = Hobbywing Quicrun with smart features.
  • Spektrum Firma 150a = Hobbywing 8BL150 with smart features.
  • Spektrum Firma 160a = Hobbywing Max6 with smart features.
  • Team Corally Torox 185 = Hobbywing Max8.
  • WP-6BL160 = Hobbywing Max6(COMES IN 6S AND 8S VERSIONS. SIMILAR TO THE HEX6)
EVERY CASTLE CREATIONS ESC REBRAND HAS ACCESS TO CASTLE LINK, THOSE WITH LIMITED PROGRAMMING MAY BE LIMITED TO CERTAIN FIRMWARE, LIKE HOW HPI MUST APPROVE CERTAIN FIRMWARE FOR YOU TO DOWNLOAD, BUT THEY CAN ALWAYS BE HACKED AND REFLASHED TO MODERN FIRMWARE AT YOUR OWN RISK.

DUE TO HOBBYWING'S PROGRAMMING METHOD, NONE OF THEIR REBRAND ESC'S CAN BE HACKED.

Any other labelings are appreciated. This took awhile, hopefully it’s a point of reference for people. The arrma esc’s also seem to be detuned along with the program limitation but the detune is most likely part of how they changed the programming, therefore will not be mentioned. Arrma, Traxxas and Dynamite are the only ones who actually changed the programming, the others just don’t have access to some minor features.

None of the castle systems have any modified programming, those with limited may not let you download certain firmware versions.

"HOBBYWING technology has been helping more than 500 RC companies launch their brands worldwide. Every project is unique so that we practice a strict role-based on ISO 9001 protocol. ISO 9001 is the international standard that specifies requirements for a quality management system (QMS). HOBBYWING technology uses that standard to demonstrate the ability to consistently provide products and services that meet customer and regulatory requirements."

"RTR / RTF products are not HOBBYWING branded products although products may look alike, and often identical in some cases. Most, if not all of the RTR brands have price point topics to address. This happens by removing features. The products HOBBYWING support staff is familiar with does not include any of the OEM, RTR, or "Private Label" products. The details on all of that is kept under extremely confidential agreements between HOBBYWING technology and the companies. There are no RTR or OEM ESC's that this support staff is able to assist with."

Last edited by a moderator:
Will add that one! Let me put in the 130a and modify the blx100’s description. (Didn’t even know dynamite made a 130a)
Now that you mention that, are you sure the blx 100 is a max10 SCT and not a regular max10 (2s-3s one)? The build looks like a max10 and i think it’s that but everyone’s saying it’s a max10 SCT so I guess I’ll go with everyone else’s saying.

You know what, everyone’s wrong, it’s definitely a max10 not an sct because it looks so much more like a max10, compare the blx 185 to the 8BL-150 and then compare the blx 185 to the max10, clearly it’s the scaled down version, if it was the max-10SCT it’d look like a scaled down BLX200. That said, updated it to a max10. That explains the heat being a little high on 3s and the non 4s capability.

Last edited:
I wonder about that too. The standard Max 10 is a 60a esc, though, which seems a bit light for a 3660 motor. But then, maybe that is why there are so many failures.
Precisely what I was thinking. Max 10 SCT’s are very reliable, and so are max10’s, but if you put them in a setup pushing their limit they do start to show an ugly side, and in arrma’s 3s line a max10 SCT wouldn’t be stressed at all, meaning no failures or heat issues, which is not the case, which is why my thinking is that it is a normal max10.

I wonder what's different about the Fuze 150 to warrant a $60+ increase over the HW 8bl150.

And I can confirm the ET-3S to MMP hack, though it doesn't like running anything more than 4S in my experience. I use one in my SCX10 Dingo.

I wonder what's different about the Fuze 150 to warrant a $60+ increase over the HW 8bl150.

And I can confirm the ET-3S to MMP hack, though it doesn't like running anything more than 4S in my experience. I use one in my SCX10 Dingo.
Well to be fair that's to be expected, the MMP doesn't like more than 4s either. It's a 10TH scale esc.

Added thunder tiger esc's.

I would expand the thread with a motor segment, but really that's a common misconception that "this is a rebranded version of this" because 99% of the time it is NOT. In most cases, it's quality is worse and the magnets aren't as strong (Traxxas 2200 vs castle 2200 for example)

Added castle designation F-series numbers to avoid confusion with what version of mamba monster 2 and mamba monster 1 each is.

Last edited:
Reedy SC300-BL - Hobbywing Quicrun 16BL30.
Reedy SC600-BL - Hobbywing Quicrun 10BL60.
Reedy SC800-BL - Hobbywing Quicrun ?????
Reedy SC1000-BL - Hobbywing Quicrun ?????

These have limited programming compared to the Hobbywing counterparts.

Last edited:
Reedy SC300-BL - Hobbywing Quicrun 16BL30.
Reedy SC600-BL - Hobbywing Quicrun 10BL60.
Reedy SC800-BL - Hobbywing Quicrun ?????
Reedy SC1000-BL - Hobbywing Quicrun ?????

These have limited programming compared to the Hobbywing counterparts.
Added the first 2 esc’s, after confirmation I will add the other 2. Thanks again.

Added the first 2 esc’s, after confirmation I will add the other 2. Thanks again.
The other 2 might not be rebrands but custom made escs kind of like the Redcat Hobbywing escs.

Are we sure the BLX100 is not a neutered down Max10 SCT?

Yup. I am definitely sure. The max10 SCT would be so overly qualified in those 3s vehicles people would be praising those trucks out the ass for a bulletproof esc. That is not the case. Also the visual models don’t match up at all. It’s definitely, 100%, a max10.

Yup. I am definitely sure. The max10 SCT would be so overly qualified in those 3s vehicles people would be praising those trucks out the ass for a bulletproof esc. That is not the case. Also the visual models don’t match up at all. It’s definitely, 100%, a max10.
Alright I just find it more likely that they neutered down a Max10 SCT, like the Max10 SCT rtr from Redcat, than that they somehow managed to turn a 80a esc into a 100a esc just to neutered it down again.

Alright I just find it more likely that they neutered down a Max10 SCT, like the Max10 SCT rtr from Redcat, than that they somehow managed to turn a 80a esc into a 100a esc just to neutered it down again.
Did you listen to any of the times I explained in depth with huge paragraphs to people that esc amp ratings are completely useless?

Just because they change it from 80 to 100 doesn’t mean they changed anything inside to help it handle more amps. Nobody does that. Takes too much time and money. They probably just rated it higher so people think it can actually handle the motor it’s paired to for a long time.

And for that reason it’s a max10. Let’s say it is a max10 SCT for a second. If they “neutered” it down, it’d be slower and stuff, but that’s it. No extra heat or nothing. It wouldn’t make a worse performing esc that can’t handle enough amps. Let’s be honest, do you really think they went in there and pulled out a few FET’s and swap the caps for worse ones so the esc would perform this much worse than a max10 SCT? Or do you think they just used a max10 with no modifications other than throttle programming.

And let’s say they did do that to a max10 SCT (pull out the stuff and make it crappy) if it’s underperforming and acting exactly like a max10 would in the situation it’s placed in, id call it a max10 anyway lol

Last edited:
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back