ESC Rebrand Conversion Guide

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Added leopard BL5 esc.

Edit: Poll results are surprising so far. If you voted “yes” I would like to see a reason that you would like having such unfair forum regulations ?

Last edited:
Added leopard BL5 esc.

Edit: Poll results are surprising so far. If you voted “yes” I would like to see a reason that you would like having such unfair forum regulations ?

There should be a message at the bottom stating that it was edited by the moderator. And editing should only include removing text. Words should never be added or changed, or have it so that it looks like you stated something you really didn't. Follow? I moderated a forum so I know the drill :)

Last edited:
There should me a message at the bottom stating that it was edited by the moderator. And editing should only include removing text. Words should never be added or changed, or have it so that it looks like you stated something you really didn't. Follow? I moderated a forum so I know the drill :)
Yes correct!!!!

Added leopard BL5 esc.

Perhaps you should start a thread for that to avoid having this one derailed.

Correct you are. That discussion ends... NOW.

Dynamite Fuze 160 amp vs. Max6.

Max6

Dynamite Fuze 160 amp

The BEC voltage has been in the air for awhile. If you can confirm that it actually is 8.4v than please do. On tons of forums I was getting mixed answers. Some saying it was a typo and some saying they weren’t sure.

The BEC voltage has been in the air for awhile. If you can confirm that it actually is 8.4v than please do. On tons of forums I was getting mixed answers. Some saying it was a typo and some saying they weren’t sure.

Sorry I do not own a voltmeter. I am just going to have to trust that Losi isn't printing blatant lies in their manuals.

I agree. Will just leave chart how it is until I get a confirmation.

A guy in the Super Baja/Rock Rey FB group tested the bec when set to 8v and got close to 8.4. Max6 does a max of 7.4. Entering and adjusting the programmable options for each ESC is completely different. While the Dynamite may be made by Hobbywing, I think it's safe to say it not a rebranded Max6. You should change it.

A guy in the Super Baja/Rock Rey FB group tested the bec when set to 8v and got close to 8.4. Max6 does a max of 7.4. Entering and adjusting the programmable options for each ESC is completely different. While the Dynamite may be made by Hobbywing, I think it's safe to say it not a rebranded Max6. You should change it.
Well I apologize for not making you happy. It not only had a 160 amp rating identical to the max6, but also the same 8s capability, same dimensions all around, and same look. Definitely just had a high voltage BEC and a different software (hence the program limitation).

Well I apologize for not making you happy. It not only had a 160 amp rating identical to the max6, but also the same 8s capability, same dimensions all around, and same look. Definitely just had a high voltage BEC and a different software (hence the program limitation).

I am just trying to help. Sorry. Call it whatever you want. Yep - rebranded Max6. Yay!

I am just trying to help. Sorry. Call it whatever you want. Yep - rebranded Max6. Yay!
Well, if you want to be like that, buy a max6, put it in, and see for yourself. It will mount in at the same place, run at the same temp, and have the same performance. The only different things will be the programming and function feel (throttle feel and bec)

Well, if you want to be like that, buy a max6, put it in, and see for yourself. It will mount in at the same place, run at the same temp, and have the same performance. The only different things will be the programming and function feel (throttle feel and bec)

Peeeeeeeenut. Take a deep breath and repeat after me. "It's ok to be wrong once in a while."

Ha ha.. ha

I am proven wrong many times on this forum. This ain’t one of them.

Fixed thunder tiger esc specifications. Old ones were not accurate as they were found off of a combination of websites that happened to be incorrect.

Description was updated along with adding a hobao esc. Anyone know what hobao’s 100a esc is?

Last edited:
Fixed thunder tiger esc specifications. Old ones were not accurate as they were found off of a combination of websites that happened to be incorrect.

Description was updated along with adding a hobao esc. Anyone know what hobao’s 100a esc is?
It appears to be a Hobbywing WP8BL100 esc.
Here is my theory on this. This is an OEM specific esc designed and produced by Hobbywing just for Hobao. Kind of like the Redcat WP10BL50.

Last edited:
It appears to be a Hobbywing WP8BL100 esc.
Here is my theory on this. This is an OEM specific esc designed and produced by Hobbywing just for Hobao. Kind of like the Redcat WP10BL50.
Added! Thanks.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back