ESC/Receiver compatibility

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Like I said above. We all made mistakes.
We are all here to help our fellow brothers.
The OP's upgrade situation is quite common with his rig from where I am standing.
He described his new gear and what his objective was.
It is a no go. That simple.
2 pages of chatter later and I decided it's time to step in. ?‍♂️
Alli need is a servo and receiver. What else is wrong explain instead being just negative.

I'm starting to figure that out now lol. But this will probably be the last major upgrade for the voltage. My cousin just bought a typhon that should be here in a few days and I'm going to make him give it to me. He will never use it and only got it because of me . So I might have a typhon soon. But I also just got my a 1/24 scale axial . Betty b 17 limited . # 435 / 9999. Got a whole bunch new things to upgrade on it. So excited about that. I just recently got into it if you guys could t tell and I absolutely love it. Been way more than helpful and I am most appreciative.
I have never owned a 1/24, or anything smaller than 1/10Th, and only own one crawler, a 1/6TH Nylint, that i never use. The Typhon and Senton are the same length, and the Granite is shorter, but they do share quite a few parts between them, so you cant really go wrong with any of them.

@Kusher, I don't hold hands or sing Cum Bya.
If that's negative to you, so be it. (n)
It's all sorted out now. Awesome. You got this now. Nothing more to add here.
I never asked anyone to like my opinion.
That's not what we do here.?‍♂️

Alli need is a servo and receiver. What else is wrong explain instead being just negative.
Steve isnt being negative, so try not to take it that way. He is just more blunt and to the point than most.

I need you to explain to me how it is a no go. I just didn't know it came with a 3n1 originally when I decided to upgrade. Otherwise I would have gotten a receiver and servo as well to complete the setup. So can you please explain why it is a no go.

I need you to explain to me how it is a no go. I just didn't know it came with a 3n1 originally when I decided to upgrade. Otherwise I would have gotten a receiver and servo as well to complete the setup. So can you please explain why it is a no go.
He is saying that using the new ESC with the 3-in-1 is a no go, and that you need the stuff we already discussed. He saw the multiple posts, and the long reply's, and that was just his way of shortening what i had said. Its just how he is. There are actually a few people on here that do it that way. Its not a bad thing, just their way of doing things is all.

I'm not taking it the wrong way or anything I just would like an explanation rather than it isn't going to work and that's all.
He is saying that using the new ESC with the 3-in-1 is a no go, and that you need the stuff we already discussed. He saw the multiple posts, and the long reply's, and that was just his way of shortening what i had said. Its just how he is. There are actually a few people on here that do it that way. Its not a bad thing, just their way of doing things is all.
I get that 100%. I did NOT know when I got it it it was a 3n1. I have a new esc . So I need a receiver and servo. I understand that. I'm not trying to make it work with the original.i now know it will not work t like that. I have what I need on the way now.
I'm not taking it the wrong way or anything I just would like an explanation rather than it isn't going to work and that's all.

I get that 100%. I did NOT know when I got it it it was a 3n1. I have a new esc . So I need a receiver and servo. I understand that. I'm not trying to make it work with the original.i now know it will not work t like that. I have what I need on the way now.
I get it not upset at all just needed an explanation. But we had figure out what I needed a little while ago is why I wasn't understanding what he meant.

Spend enough time on the forums, and you will figure out how everyone is. Some are short and to the point, and, some see a long reply and don't read it all, and others, like me, will take the time to work through the issue before just giving a solution. Nothing really wrong with either way of dealing with it, as long as you don't take offense to any of it.

He said the voltage and the pictures make me think it is the Voltage. It's not the same platform as the Mega.

The DumboRC he ordered is a great radio and you can bind it to multiple vehicles. The receivers are $15 each and include gyro. It doesn't have a memory for each model like more expensive radios, but for $35 you really can't beat it. Also extremely fast and I've run mine out to 400 meters... well my son has. I can't see that far.
RadioLink RC4GS is better bang for the buck. For a little coin more.

RadioLink RC4GS is better bang for the buck. For a little coin more.
I see a lot of people saying that, but, since i have never had any issues with my FS stuff, i could never justify the added expense, plus i never saw any real difference between the two.

Range is the same. Feature wise and model mem is way more. Gyro included also. FWIW.
A little research will reveal this better. Dumbo is fine also. Nothing truly bad about it at all.
400 meter range is way more than you need with most rigs. You would need binoculars or FPV to go that far or further. The Radiolinks will even go 600 meters with the optional R7FG dual antenna Rx. FWIW. Legit reviews back this up. Overkill for sure. With mission critical speed running heavy 1/6 rigs, this may be important to some? I know I cant see my 1/8 rig 1/2 mile away. My vision is half way decent.:LOL:

Edit: I imagine having that extra range/overhead available is extra insurance? IDK.

Last edited:
Spend enough time on the forums, and you will figure out how everyone is. Some are short and to the point, and, some see a long reply and don't read it all, and others, like me, will take the time to work through the issue before just giving a solution. Nothing really wrong with either way of dealing with it, as long as you don't take offense to any of it.
I do not take offense I was just needing him to explain what he meant. But he meant what me and you had already figured out so that where the confusion came from is all.

Range is the same. Feature wise and model mem is way more. Gyro included also. FWIW.
A little research will reveal this better. Dumbo is fine also. Nothing truly bad about it at all.
400 meter range is way more than you need with most rigs. You would need binoculars or FPV to go that far or further. The Radiolinks will even go 600 meters with the optional R7FG dual antenna Rx. FWIW. Legit reviews back this up. Overkill for sure. With mission critical speed running heavy 1/6 rigs, this may be important to some? I know I cant see my 1/8 rig 1/2 mile away. My vision is half way decent.:LOL:
Most of that isnt anything i would be interested in. I don't do speed runs, or get more than maybe 100 meters from my vehicles, but, i only ever bash in fields.

I sure do - that's the Arrma Big Rock 3S BLX and it is the best 1/10 scale RC truck out there I believe. It's a great choice.

You can never get a Granite Voltage to the same level of speed and durability as the Big Rock. No way. But you can put that system in the Voltage and if you set your slipper correctly and stay on 2S it probably won't explode. Be sure you set your mesh properly. Just be aware that a Voltage was never designed to go that fast or handle that much power, so it may end up breaking a lot. No way that 60 amp ESC survives on 3S. I don't care what it says - you will burn it up, trust me. I've done it.

That said; I have an ECX Amp MT that was really cheap, 2WD and brushed that I now have a 120 amp ESC, 3,300 KV brushless motor on 3S and run with a DumboRC radio - and it's extremely fast. Pretty tough too. I did get the metal gear set for it, but I run the stock plastic spur gear with no problems. You must learn how to set your slipper properly and you need to monitor motor temperatures and have different pinion gears you can test.
And on the esc I wasn't planning on running 3s in this car. I know it can't handle it. I have lipo 2s currently and I haven't had any problems yet with it.i will wait until I get my next big truck before I go anymore than 2s.

Edit: I imagine having that extra range/overhead available is extra insurance? IDK.

I haven’t seen that radio yet. The DumboRC is a great deal and was a good step over the RTR radios on the ECX and the Redcat. My next radio will be something with more features and model memory, but for now the DumboRC is working great. I have an STX2 sitting in the shelf never used after learning that it was a bad radio - already had my DumboRC and extra receivers anyway so I never ran the thing.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back