Notorious ESC reconfig with new radio?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mjorich

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Notorious
Friends,

I brought my Noto 300 miles for a family visit this weekend. In the stress I forgot the radio, so I bought at Futaba 3pv to replace the bad reputed stock Spektrum (even though it has served me fine) in order to run it.

Worked good out of the box and has a nice feel. Simple question; must I reconfigure the ESC? (I e the procedure when you set endpoints for throttle, steering w the ESC). Or is it fine to just adjust via the Futaba?

Noob question, but good to learn.

Best
J

Friends,

I brought my Noto 300 miles for a family visit this weekend. In the stress I forgot the radio, so I bought at Futaba 3pv to replace the bad reputed stock Spektrum (even though it has served me fine) in order to run it.

Worked good out of the box and has a nice feel. Simple question; must I reconfigure the ESC? (I e the procedure when you set endpoints for throttle, steering w the ESC). Or is it fine to just adjust via the Futaba?

Noob question, but good to learn.

Best
J
Yes, you must set all endpoints with any radio swap. The ESC needs to know where the throttle max fwd and rev is. Your radio needs to know where max left and right is too.

You have to calibrate the new receiver to the esc. Then you set up your EPA's and trim's as you see fit. Before calibrating, you want to set the throttle and brake EPA to 100%, then there's a process where you power it on, hold a button while the trigger is at WOT, then the esc blinks, you go to full brake, it blinks, then go to idle, it blinks. Then you power off the esc and turn it back on, then adjust your EPA's via the transmitter as you see fit. Can't recall the steps by memory, I keep a copy of the BLX185 manual on my phone in case I need to reset it while I'm out bashing.

Guess it's a bit different than castle... With castle, I think you turn it on while holding the trigger WOT. Looks like the blx185 has you at neutral first:
2019-0916-BLX185Calibration.jpg

When I moved to my DX5C, I did bind it - but I did not recalibrate. It works great, but I probably should recalibrate it..

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back