ESC replacement mounting tape

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
yeah...I have had mixed results with velcro ...seems once it got sandy...and me being too lazy to clean it out...I got packed up and ruined it's holding power...

may start using the interlocking mushroom type velcro this next go round and give that a try...

http://www.mcmaster.com/#96055k23/=13n1vns

I use the 3M version of this stuff on my 1/10 and smaller. "3M Dual-lock" - you can get it at home Depot. It comes in several "Strengths" make sure you get the strongest version.

And if you prefer double-sided tape, another 3M favorite of mine is their urethane core "VHB" tape. Again Home Depot sells it as "Outdoor mounting tape". If you look in the packaging, sometimes you can see the VHB label on the tape itself, but it is rarely on the package. The urethane core will not tear, so removing it cleanly is easy.

Jerry

yes...the mcmaster carr double sided tape is the 3m vhb version...good to know home depot has it...

yeah..I'm gonna try some different options...reworking my 2 new dromida rollers..making a monster truck and desert buggy with castle motors and esc this go round...

3m vhb is holding up well on the nero...on some very hot days...dust..dirt...flips...no problems. ...

http://www.mcmaster.com/#76665a81/=13nw06v

Last edited:
If you are not in a hurry to use the truck and would like something durable. I would recommend 3M tape and put silicone around the edges, dirt and water won't get into the tape. This works well for me.

If you are not in a hurry to use the truck and would like something durable. I would recommend 3M tape and put silicone around the edges, dirt and water won't get into the tape. This works well for me.

Before I discovered VHB tape, I mounted my electronics with a blob of RTV silicon. I even mounted my steering servos on pan cars with the stuff. Never had it fail, so long as I waited 24-48 hours to use it. It was a booger to get loose, though. Cut it loose with dental floss, then razor blade the chassis and electronic smooth...

Ahh,, Memories... :)

Before I discovered VHB tape, I mounted my electronics with a blob of RTV silicon. I even mounted my steering servos on pan cars with the stuff. Never had it fail, so long as I waited 24-48 hours to use it. It was a booger to get loose, though. Cut it loose with dental floss, then razor blade the chassis and electronic smooth...

Ahh,, Memories... :)
Guys - I went to home depot to get 10-40 oil and in the same section -I picked up two other spray cans. One is Silicone spray and the other is a rust protectant for screws - when I get home I will add pics of these but they work great.

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    164.7 KB · Views: 41
Guys - I went to home depot to get 10-40 oil and in the same section -I picked up two other spray cans. One is Silicone spray and the other is a rust protectant for screws - when I get home I will add pics of these but they work great.

I'm talking about silicone adhesives that you use for your tub, aquariums and bathrooms.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back