ESC requiring no fan?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Cr3pitus

Military Veteran
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Granite
  2. Kraton 8S
  3. Kraton 6s
  4. Nero
  5. Talion
  6. Typhon 3s
So my v4 Talion is fantastic and I love it. The one thing that drives me nuts is the esc fan. I can not do a single outing without it either burning out or breaking blades, even with the metal screen door repair screen over it, or naked and exposed to let debris go all the way through, in the arrma case, out the arrma case you name it I tried it just doesn't last.
My thought is: would going to a max 6, which can handle current much better, negate the need for the fan with stock motor, stock gearing, 6s and running usually on Badlands or katars?
It's a way overkill process to just not have to deal with fans but if I run without a fan on the stock esc it gets too hot for my taste.
Or has anyone found a fan that can actually survive the car leaving the ground?

So my v4 Talion is fantastic and I love it. The one thing that drives me nuts is the esc fan. I can not do a single outing without it either burning out or breaking blades, even with the metal screen door repair screen over it, or naked and exposed to let debris go all the way through, in the arrma case, out the arrma case you name it I tried it just doesn't last.
My thought is: would going to a max 6, which can handle current much better, negate the need for the fan with stock motor, stock gearing, 6s and running usually on Badlands or katars?
It's a way overkill process to just not have to deal with fans but if I run without a fan on the stock esc it gets too hot for my taste.
Or has anyone found a fan that can actually survive the car leaving the ground?

You won't get away with no fan on any ESC at these amperage levels. Yes most fans can fail pretty easily. Most of them were designed to live in electronic equipment, not R/C cars.

You won't get away with no fan on any ESC at these amperage levels. Yes most fans can fail pretty easily. Most of them were designed to live in electronic equipment, not R/C cars.
Yeah they're all repurposed PC fans. I tried to find one from a milspec rugged laptop but they were the same. Guess I'll just keep on continuing to have 4 fans on hand at all times SMH.

How much are you paying for a fan now, and how much would you be willing to pay?

I've used small "MILSPEC" fans like these before, but whoo boy......you ready to pay $175 per fan?

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back