Esc reset

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

skullystitches

Fairly New Member
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. 4x4-Mega
I have the senton mega 4x4 and i need help on resetting the esc to default. I might have accidentally changed something bc it won’t reverse using 50-75% power only to 100%

It happens, sometimes reverse wont engage when the reverse signal is limited. Set to 100% and recalibrate the ESC (check the manual).

I don't have the manual for that ESC . Do you? I had the manual for that crappy radio though. You might have to recalibrate the Radio to your ESC. But it will happen again I tossed that radio and manual after 5 minutes out the box. I felt it was unsafe to control/drive any RC rig with it. You are not alone with this issue. Get a new Radio dude. Or call HH warranty and ask for a better radio. They have obliged some customers in the past.
That 50-75-100% BS is nonsense anyway. The whole radio is garbage. Poor Input latency and all. Enjoy your rig with a better radio. Honestly, ANY other radio is better than that STX 2 RTR radio. It is worse than a $22. RC Toy RC radio from ToysRuS. No exaggeration.

I have the manual yes but it doesn’t say anything about resetting the esc only about changing the pin things from nmhi battery to lipo and the one reverse one. How do you recalibrate them?

You re-calibrate the Radio to the ESC. The ESC is a cheap jumpered design. Your issue is with the Radio. Follow manual for re-binding the Tx to the Rx , then calibrate TH and ST inputs after that. But nothing changes the fact that the STX2 is Junk out the gate. Very poor reception. STX2 interferes with other STX2's that may be nearby. That's how bad it is. Doesn't play nice with other STX2's. It glitches if you even sneeze at it. Enjoy your rig with any other brand cheap radio set. Just my opinion with a valid option many do.:cool:

Here’s the just of what happened I was out with my sister one day and she got this new cheap Walmart car but when she turned it on they both started acting weird so she turned it off and mine was still acting up but not as much since then it’s had issues with 50% reverse and then 2 days ago it went up to 75% not working.
I don’t want to have to buy a new remote if it’s not my problem. If only had the truck since March. Already had to replace the motor and broke the servo so I bought a metal geared one. I might have over heated the car a couple times. I’m new to the hobby so i learning as I go

Sorry, I didn't realise its a Mega. A brushed ESC may have automatic calibration. Not much you can do. Replace the radio or at least run it at 100%.

I found if you run only 100% on the STX2 you will have the best luck. And you will need plenty of luck and patience. The radio just has a flawed design. It's a $10.00 radio. Seriously. It doesn't get more budget that that. Read the manual. re-bind and calibrate it. Call HH for support if you want to deal with keeping the STX2.

HH was replacing the 2 for the 3 under warranty by requesting it. Its the same radio with just one more 3rd channel. Hence STX 3. Call HH and see what they say. I still have my STX2 on the shelf as a reminder. My Kraton v4 came with it. I knew it was junk before I got it. And took me 5 minutes of driving before I swapped it out. I was done with it. I never liked it. But I have many radios and can see junk by comparison. If you like it. All's good.(y) Just don't expect much from a $10.00 RTR radio set. It's definitley not worth replacing it with another STX2 or 3 if you have to pay for it. No one buys that radio again once its bricked. There are real radios out there for cheap. Honestly anything else is better. HH knows this radio is horrible. Its no secret. A rig is only as good as the radio that controls it. A radio has to do at least the basics well. The STX 2 can't do that.
I like the radio itself. Would the STX3 still have that problem or is it better?
If you like the radio itself, just keep it on the shelf to look at. And get a better radio to bash with. Again, the STX 3 just has an additional 3rd channel. The same radio otherwise. No reason to get hooked on it. The 50-75-100% switch is a silly poorly executed gimmick anyway. And I feel is partly responsible for its issues.

Last edited:
Thank you. I’ve never had RC before so I’m not sure what’s good from bad. I’m learning as I go and have problems.

Try to learn from others mistakes. you are on the right track. RC is fun. I had 30+ years of it. There is much to learn. Baby steps. Its good clean fun for the fam. Welcome to AF.:cool:

Last edited:
Only got into myself bc of pure boredom of being stuck at home bc of what’s going on in the world right now. This whole spectrum smart tech stuff is it any good? I like how the stuff looks but if it’s not very good I’d get something else. I have a charger and 2s lipo batteries it’s doing pretty well and was thinking about upgrading to brushless motor and esc bc it looks nice. And one more thing can a 5mm brushless shaft be used on or do I have to keep with the 3. Something size it has? I don’t want to spend a good bit of money and not have it fit

I feel the Spektrum Smart lipos and charger are overpriced. They do what it claims. That's personal preference. Those that have it will always swear by it. Because they made the comittment to Smart lipos. And are compelled to stay with it. Lipo and charger choices are numerous. Why restrict yourself to Spektrum chargers and lipos? There is no advantage to Smart lipos unless you use the Smart charger. At an added expense? I only like the Spektrum mid to high end radios.
5mm BLX motor shafts are commonly found on 1/8 scale 40+mm motors. Your rig likely is a 36mm can with smaller shaft.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back