Big Rock esc screaming

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. 4x4-Mega
  2. BigRock
  3. Granite
  4. Infraction
  5. Kraton 8S
  6. Kraton 6s
  7. Kraton 4s
  8. Mojave
  9. Outcast 6s
  10. Outcast 4s
  11. Senton 6s
  12. Typhon 6s
  13. Typhon 3s
As title suggests my near new ( 6 battery deep) big rock has just developed a huge screaming problem from the esc. Plug a battery in fire up transmitter then car and it just screams then slowly dies out, only by flicking the power on and off over a minute then the esc fires up as per norm and fans work until a decent knock or landing and it will scream again.
I was blessed with a Friday car since 2 wheel hexs have stripped after first trip out, motor wires weren’t tied down at all and I’ve got 1 totally random bolt to hold the wheel on the other 3 are normal. Plus this awesome scream.

Still an absolute weapon of a truck just concerned about the esc and wasn’t sure if there was a hidden secret to the lovely scream hahaha
Thanks In advance evryone

Sounds like it could possibly be the fan itself.

I wondered that but that shouldn’t cut out the acceleration should it. Tbh the local distributor is an absolute legend and well when you have shown loyalty to a company i still believes the good guys will also do the same back. So I sent in a warranty claim.

I wondered that but that shouldn’t cut out the acceleration should it. Tbh the local distributor is an absolute legend and well when you have shown loyalty to a company i still believes the good guys will also do the same back. So I sent in a warranty claim.
No, the fan should not cut off the acceleration, since you don't have another esc to try, I guess warranty claim wouldn't be a bad idea.

Hope you get it sorted out.

No, the fan should not cut off the acceleration, since you don't have another esc to try, I guess warranty claim wouldn't be a bad idea.

Hope you get it sorted out.
Only other esc I have are all the 120s from 4s Kraton and outcast.
Oh “armadillo” thankyou mate I’ve got a Senton 3s arriving in the morning so I’ll be able to check with the same esc that it comes with. Cheers for that mate!

You could use the BLX120 with the BRCC. Just use a 2S or 3S lipo, not a 4S. Make sure you calibrate what ever ESC you do replace it with.

As far as it being the fan, that’s what I’m leaning towards too. And if it is hot where you are running, or running in grass, or have other binding issues, you could be hitting thermal really early.

Are you sure your truck was new? Sounds like someone used it before you. I would get a whole new truck tbh.

You could use the BLX120 with the BRCC. Just use a 2S or 3S lipo, not a 4S. Make sure you calibrate what ever ESC you do replace it with.

As far as it being the fan, that’s what I’m leaning towards too. And if it is hot where you are running, or running in grass, or have other binding issues, you could be hitting thermal really early.

Are you sure your truck was new? Sounds like someone used it before you. I would get a whole new truck tbh.
Na it’s cold as over here at the moment, motor doesn’t feel hot as hasn’t run it screams for about 2 mins before sounding like it’s drained all power then u restart the car and it will work until you hit some bumpy terrain then it just screams again. and tbh it really wouldn’t suprise me if the lhs did open it for a quick spin it would explain a few of the oddities about the finish build wires a mess no tie down price stripped wheel hex grub screws and flared hex’s not to mention the lack of plastic covering the model when I purchased it or the fact that the lhs has been sprung lieing to customers face bigtime lately just for the sale and and would tie in with the fact the are all to happy to unbox an infraction before it’s sold and so they can have a private thrash.
I wish I could get a hole new truck and considering I’ve purchased 5 arrma trucks in 2 months and next month the infraction.... from different hobby shop I can’t see why not.
But regardless life goes on
Cheers for the reply’s

Na it’s cold as over here at the moment, motor doesn’t feel hot as hasn’t run it screams for about 2 mins before sounding like it’s drained all power then u restart the car and it will work until you hit some bumpy terrain then it just screams again. and tbh it really wouldn’t suprise me if the lhs did open it for a quick spin it would explain a few of the oddities about the finish build wires a mess no tie down price stripped wheel hex grub screws and flared hex’s not to mention the lack of plastic covering the model when I purchased it or the fact that the lhs has been sprung lieing to customers face bigtime lately just for the sale and and would tie in with the fact the are all to happy to unbox an infraction before it’s sold and so they can have a private thrash.
I wish I could get a hole new truck and considering I’ve purchased 5 arrma trucks in 2 months and next month the infraction.... from different hobby shop I can’t see why not.
But regardless life goes on
Cheers for the reply’s
Find another vendor brother, sounds like that hobby shop punks their customers!

Find another vendor brother, sounds like that hobby shop punks their customers!
Oh believe me I have I now have to get all my goods from other side of the country because of these let downs.... but has been well worth it. Cheers again

Oh believe me I have I now have to get all my goods from other side of the country because of these let downs.... but has been well worth it. Cheers again
I really don't have any LHSs around anymore. All my purchases are mostly online. We do what we have to get good prices and service even though it may be inconvenient. Your better off without them and it's their loss from being jackasses.

I really don't have any LHSs around anymore. All my purchases are mostly online. We do what we have to get good prices and service even though it may be inconvenient. Your better off without them and it's their loss from being jackasses.
So true, I keep to the same online supplier as he looks after me and orders arrive next day. Definitely a far cry from 7 days with no answer about he scream except “u must have got the esc wet”
Don’t think they actually realise it’s waterproof lmao

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back