ESC shutting off

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Just bought a talion 6s yesterday. I took it out for two runs so far. It's already doing the same thing. WTF.

I have power to steering, but the car do not go forward and reverse.

Im having similar issues with my granite bls. The esc shuts off at random times. I believe one of my lipo batteries is bad because after a full charge it won't even turn the esc on. I tried a brand new battery and everything seemed to be working right except it still shuts off randomly. Not only do I do not know how to test my battery I don't have the equipment to do it. This is extremely frustrating because I'm not entirely sure if I have a battery, esc, or motor problem or a combination there of. Don't know where to go from here. Any advice would help. Thanks

I just experienced the issue yesterday. For me I narrowed it down to a wire from the battery to the ESC. When I jiggle the wire at the ESC, the car starts up again. As soon as I drive it and make a sharp turn or brake fast it dies again. I bump the wire, the car will start again. It looks like I can’t do anything interms of opening where the wire connects to the ESC to address it. Does this mean I need a new ESC? anyone experience this? It’s the stock esc and motor. Anything advice is appreciated.

I just experienced the issue yesterday. For me I narrowed it down to a wire from the battery to the ESC. When I jiggle the wire at the ESC, the car starts up again. As soon as I drive it and make a sharp turn or brake fast it dies again. I bump the wire, the car will start again. It looks like I can’t do anything interms of opening where the wire connects to the ESC to address it. Does this mean I need a new ESC? anyone experience this? It’s the stock esc and motor. Anything advice is appreciated.
Haven't experienced this yet, but I would contact Horizon Hobby right away and get a warranty claim started. The only thing you need to consider first is whether the problem is at the battery or the esc. If you have a second battery, try it with that as well, so you can eliminate that possibility. Horizon would likely ask you to do the same thing.

I am having issues with my granite bls. My esc shuts off everytime i try to run my truck. The lights on the esc shut off and the throttle becomes unresposive. A couple of seconds i get the same sound i get when i turn on the truck. This keeps happening. Wierd thing is that the steering remains on. Anyone know what could be going on? Thank you

I reprogrammed my esc. Did the trick.

Reprogram? Ooo this sounds fun! I already started the support process but would love to learn how to reprogram the ESC anyway

I am having issues with my granite bls. My esc shuts off everytime i try to run my truck. The lights on the esc shut off and the throttle becomes unresposive. A couple of seconds i get the same sound i get when i turn on the truck. This keeps happening. Wierd thing is that the steering remains on. Anyone know what could be going on? Thank you

I was about to make a post about a similar problem and the solution I found for it. I was out running my granite blx 4x4 pretty hard, hot a couple of puddles and so on. it shuts off about 20 minutes later. the red led on the ESC is blinking rapidly. I shut it off, back on and it started running by itself and cutting out randomly. but it would still steer.
I swapped out another brand new ESC I had and had the exact same issue. no change at all. well while I was swapping the ESC back to original I saw one little tiny drop off water in the water proof box the reciever is kept in. hmmmmm supposed to be water proof. pull out the reciever module and there is water on all the pins and making connections between the 2nd slot and third slot (steering and throttle). got my wife's hair dryer, set too high speed cool air and let it run for about 10 minutes. re-installed and she runs perfect now. I went ahead and waterproofed the waterproof box a little bit better when I got everything buttoned back up. hope this helps

You know come to think of it, I ran my car through puddles for the first time when this started to happen. Hmmmm. I’m going take the granite apart and check. I’ll keep you posted. Thanks!

I was about to make a post about a similar problem and the solution I found for it. I was out running my granite blx 4x4 pretty hard, hot a couple of puddles and so on. it shuts off about 20 minutes later. the red led on the ESC is blinking rapidly. I shut it off, back on and it started running by itself and cutting out randomly. but it would still steer.
I swapped out another brand new ESC I had and had the exact same issue. no change at all. well while I was swapping the ESC back to original I saw one little tiny drop off water in the water proof box the reciever is kept in. hmmmmm supposed to be water proof. pull out the reciever module and there is water on all the pins and making connections between the 2nd slot and third slot (steering and throttle). got my wife's hair dryer, set too high speed cool air and let it run for about 10 minutes. re-installed and she runs perfect now. I went ahead and waterproofed the waterproof box a little bit better when I got everything buttoned back up. hope this helps
Ill check that again.

What did you do to help make it more waterproof? This could come in handy for anyone's receiver box.

What did you do to help make it more waterproof? This could come in handy for anyone's receiver box.
might sound stupid but its all I had so..... my wife had some cocoa butter smelling Vaseline. put some on a q-tip and applied it lightly up and down the rubber lined slot for the wires. inside and outside of received box. trying to push it into the little area above and below the wires that the rubber doesn't cover too well. also checked the rubber seal on the bottom of reciever box lid and applied a tiny amount all the way around. be careful this stuff can get messy real fast if your not careful and slow. kinda smells good too. couldn't think of anything else that would not be washed away by water but wouldn't be a pain to get off in the event of a parts change.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back