SOLD / FOUND ESC Sidewinder

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

EwhoA

Military Veteran
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. 4x4-Mega
  2. Granite
  3. Kraton 6s
Anyone have an ESC that would work on my little 1:16 mini E Revo. I picked one up, popped in a little 3S LiPo and promptly fried the stock ESC.

Something like a Castle Sidewinder 3 or 4 would be perfect. 3S capable as well. Used is perfectly fine.

Thanks.

Bueller???

Day off, need a Ferrari to destroy? Do you have anything else to run while waiting?

I have a spare castle sidewinder sct sv3 esc... not sure if it's too big for what you need or not. I ran it in my stampede 4x4 on 2S most of it's life, then on 3S for a bit, but broke the 3800kv motor shaft off... then changed over to a hobbywing motor/esc.

Here it is next to a blx185 and traxxas MXL-6S (MMv2) for size comparison:
2020-0411-BLX185-CastleSidewinderSCTSv3-TraxxasMXL6S-esc.jpg

Day off, need a Ferrari to destroy? Do you have anything else to run while waiting?

We have 2 granites and a Kraton, but I'm trying to get this up and running for my youngest son so all 4 of us can drive around with our own rigs.

I have a spare castle sidewinder sct sv3 esc... not sure if it's too big for what you need or not. I ran it in my stampede 4x4 on 2S most of it's life, then on 3S for a bit, but broke the 3800kv motor shaft off... then changed over to a hobbywing motor/esc.

Here it is next to a blx185 and traxxas MXL-6S (MMv2) for size comparison:
2020-0411-BLX185-CastleSidewinderSCTSv3-TraxxasMXL6S-esc.jpg
I think that would work if you'd be willing to sell it. Is it programmable to turn down the max power, my son is only 4 so I'd have to keep it pretty low for a while.

I can't recall what's adjustable on it... I know the BEC isn't adjustable, I used a cheap 5A UBEC set to 6V with it on my stampede, wasn't overly necessary, but I was having range issues with my receiver at the time, found out later it was the receiver.

These were the settings I had it set to:
2017-0407-castle-sct 3800-stampede-mySettings.jpg

I'd have to plug it into a pack and connect to it on my computer to see what's adjustable, will take a bit as I removed the end off it, but I'll post back in a little while with what's adjustable on it.

Nice, I think I can open up the software on my computer and look it up, I'll give it a try here in a little bit.

Yep, power is adjustable.

Castle Link Screens:
2020-0411-CastleSCTSv3-Software-01-about.jpg
2020-0411-CastleSCTSv3-Software-02-basic.jpg

2020-0411-CastleSCTSv3-Software-03-power.jpg
2020-0411-CastleSCTSv3-Software-04-advanced.jpg

2020-0411-CastleSCTSv3-Software-05-throttleCurve.jpg
2020-0411-CastleSCTSv3-Software-06-brakeCurve.jpg

Not sure what it's worth... PM me your address and I can see what shipping is and we can discuss what's fair.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back