ESC to receiver wiring

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JtkBrew

Very Active Member
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Kraton 6s
Picked up my used V3 Kraton 6s over the weekend. I was able to drive it before I took it and all seemed well.

Last night I went to take out the servo & mount to swap out. When I got into the receiver box I saw some electrical tape on the wires coming from the ESC. "That ain't right!"

After removing, I found this...

20200114_054108.jpg

Needless to say, I wasn't too happy. My plan is to cut the damaged part out, cut the lead off of the old servo, and solder them together then heat shrink each wire individually. Does that sound like a good plan?

Picked up my used V3 Kraton 6s over the weekend. I was able to drive it before I took it and all seemed well.

Last night I went to take out the servo & mount to swap out. When I got into the receiver box I saw some electrical tape on the wires coming from the ESC. "That ain't right!"

View attachment 60870

Needless to say, I wasn't too happy. My plan is to cut the damaged part out, cut the lead off of the old servo, and solder them together then heat shrink each wire individually. Does that sound like a good plan?
Sounds like a plan

View attachment 60870

As long as no exposed wires touch when there's power, should be fine. Just go easy on the solder. Too much and these small wires becomes hard and inflexible. Make sure to add some heat shrink to the wire near the plug as well, to cover that small exposed area. If you feel up to it, might be worth picking up a whole new 3 prong jst plug and replacing the whole end.

View attachment 60870

That would be the right way to fix it ??

As long as no exposed wires touch when there's power, should be fine. Just go easy on the solder. Too much and these small wires becomes hard and inflexible. Make sure to add some heat shrink to the wire near the plug as well, to cover that small exposed area. If you feel up to it, might be worth picking up a whole new 3 prong jst plug and replacing the whole end.

I was going to use the connector from the old servo, which is in very good condition. That would eliminate the exposed part and only require one solder joint per wire.

So like this:
ESC---------solder-----------old servo connector

I was going to use the connector from the old servo, which is in very good condition. That would eliminate the exposed part and only require one solder joint per wire.

So like this:
ESC---------solder-----------old servo connector
Yep. Any 3 prong connector will do.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back