ESC tuning??

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dopeman

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Nero
  2. Raider
  3. Senton 6s
So, second time out with the Nero and I was making adjustments. Got the punch on 5. Love the torque. Set the brakes to max. It will almost endo in the grass. Are there negatives to having the brakes maxed? Also, still can't get full power in reverse like I can on the Senton. The Nero feels like my raider in reverse. Maybe, and it's a big maybe, I get about half power. Is there a way to dial that up?

Nero drivetrain can take it though, right? What about the lacking reverse power?
Just as @Cheez has said the drivetrain will only take so much abuse for so long. It really all depends on how often you're slamming on the brakes. Sure it might last a couple times or a couple hundred times. But if you're constantly gunning it then locking it up then expect to do repairs more often than others.

If you don't mind the repairs and are having fun then go at it and have a blast. :)

Just as @Cheez has said the drivetrain will only take so much abuse for so long. It really all depends on how often you're slamming on the brakes. Sure it might last a couple times or a couple hundred times. But if you're constantly gunning it then locking it up then expect to do repairs more often than others.

If you don't mind the repairs and are having fun then go at it and have a blast. :)

I get it about the brakes. I'll be more careful and try to plan my stops. As far as needing power in reverse? I guess I really don't. My Senton will do wicked flat spins in reverse. I just thought it was cool.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back