Felony ESC turns on and chirps fine, then nothing happens

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rsrmike

Fairly New Member
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Granite
Picked up my Felony Saturday, tried to run it on its 3rd set of packs after work today. It was fine when I ran it the second time on Sunday (6S, stock pinion). Had it level, turned on radio, turned on car, chirped and jerked 5-6 times like it did before, then nothing. No steering, no throttle. Nothing flashing on radio or ESC. Tried to re bind transmitter, steering was working, didn't try throttle. Screwed receiver cover back on, put body on thinking it was ready to rip, then it was dead again. Got bummed and put it up. Trying to figure out what to do next. I'm not familiar with it enough to know exactly what noises it should make or what lights should be on, but it seemed to do everything it did the first two times I ran it, except for actually running.
Please help.

Picked up my Felony Saturday, tried to run it on its 3rd set of packs after work today. It was fine when I ran it the second time on Sunday (6S, stock pinion). Had it level, turned on radio, turned on car, chirped and jerked 5-6 times like it did before, then nothing. No steering, no throttle. Nothing flashing on radio or ESC. Tried to re bind transmitter, steering was working, didn't try throttle. Screwed receiver cover back on, put body on thinking it was ready to rip, then it was dead again. Got bummed and put it up. Trying to figure out what to do next. I'm not familiar with it enough to know exactly what noises it should make or what lights should be on, but it seemed to do everything it did the first two times I ran it, except for actually running.
Please help.
Plug the battery in with the switch off. Turn the switch on. There should be a light that flashes for a brief second. Was this the case?

Set both steering and throttle trim to zero.
Do a full bind with throttle and steering as per manual pg 15. That includes throttle and steering in the right order.
Follow up with Throttle setup on pg 22.
Now it should work, report back if it doesn't.

Don't put that lid on the receiver just yet. Only if above worked fine.

Thanks! Will try this in the morning and report back.

This may sound silly but did you give it time to calibrate the gyro before you tried throttle and steering? I've had a couple times that took 20-30 seconds before the rx was ready for any input.. other times fired right up instantly after the esc count off..

Another weird thing I noticed, and it's only happened twice.. but i physically had to push the power button on the remote one time for about 2 seconds.. it amazingly came to life.. I'm not sure if it was perfect timing or what.. but it happened..?

The firma ESCs can be firmware flashed so if all else fails maybe see if you can flash it with the latest release. You'd have to pick up the spektrum programming cable (SPMA3065) that goes from a computer usb to the program card port (where the esc fan plugs in) and connects using a Spektrum app you'd have to install.

Update:. It looks like I bumped the steering trim possibly, not exactly sure total cause, but I rebinded and calibrated and it seems ok for now. Thanks everyone!

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back