ESC voltage cut off

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Raji

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
I have an outcast. The ESC always cutoff on SMC batteries at 11.40. on the other hand Onyx batterys cutoff on 10.4. Also the run time is shorter on SMC batteries.

Any one knows what is the reason?

I noticed the BLX esc cuts off around 3.42, even though it's setting is 3.2. Someone mentioned in another thread, it's likely because there is a stronger draw on these 6s beasts, so the esc reads a lower voltage for an instant, and cuts out. Once you release the trigger, the batteries regain a tiny amount of voltage, thus the higher than specified cut off numbers. 3.8 sounds a little high, but I would prefer around 3.7 if I was able to set my own cut off.

How new are the SMC batteries? Sometimes new batteries can give short runs until they get a few charges in them I've noticed.
There are not new. But yes newer than the Onyx batteries

I noticed the BLX esc cuts off around 3.42, even though it's setting is 3.2. Someone mentioned in another thread, it's likely because there is a stronger draw on these 6s beasts, so the esc reads a lower voltage for an instant, and cuts out. Once you release the trigger, the batteries regain a tiny amount of voltage, thus the higher than specified cut off numbers. 3.8 sounds a little high, but I would prefer around 3.7 if I was able to set my own cut off.
Maybe because the c rating on the SMC batteries is 90 and 50 on the Onyx.

I personally have never ran any of my lipos into LVC. I was told years ago, that this will have a negative effect on the life of the lipo. So, I have always just ran my Rc's till I predict I'm approaching 3.85v/cell. I then pull over, take the lid off, and put a cell checker on it.... at the same time, this is giving the motor sometime to cool off.
This seems to work quite well to run them into storage voltage; I don't have issues with my lipo's, and I have a few that are still performing quite nicely that are over 6 years old.

Under load the ESC sees them hit low voltage cutoff, If your multi metering them when there not underload there going be a higher voltage then the car is seeing.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back