Limitless Esc will constantly restart

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

WootWootSr

Fairly New Member
Reaction score
I swapped the stock electronics from an infraction over to a limitless last night. Everything looked good. Calibrated avc, tried forward and reverse and turning, all worked and went to bed. This afternoon, I go to run it and at some points the esc would restart mid run on just going up and down the driveway. Calibrated esc at that point and the avc again, still the same results with esc restarting. (At least I think its restarting. Esc will beep like it got turned on.) At this point i have no idea what to do.
Video of esc restaring

Saw in other posts that a dying servo could be a issue but I put in a brand new futaba servo with the firma 150a esc combo.

Last edited:
I swapped the stock electronics from an infraction over to a limitless last night. Everything looked good. Calibrated avc, tried forward and reverse and turning, all worked and went to bed. This afternoon, I go to run it and at some points the esc would restart mid run on just going up and down the driveway. Calibrated esc at that point and the avc again, still the same results with esc restarting. (At least I think its restarting. Esc will beep like it got turned on.) At this point i have no idea what to do.
Video of esc restaring

Saw in other posts that a dying servo could be a issue but I put in a brand new futaba servo with the firma 150a esc combo.

Well, that's definitely the ESC restarting. Start by trying different variables one at a time. Try a different servo, if that's not it then but the old servo back in and try a different battery, etc. If you cant solve the issue after trying a different servo, battery, and receiver, than your ESC has likely taken a poop and warranty if possible.

Does it only do it when putting steering input? Maybe the servo is drawing too much power? Did all the electronics work fine before hand? What changes did you make besides switching cars when it started faulting?

Video of esc resta

Well, that's definitely the ESC restarting. Start by trying different variables one at a time. Try a different servo, if that's not it then but the old servo back in and try a different battery, etc. If you cant solve the issue after trying a different servo, battery, and receiver, than your ESC has likely taken a poop and warranty if possible.

Does it only do it when putting steering input? Maybe the servo is drawing too much power? Did all the electronics work fine before hand? What changes did you make besides switching cars when it started faulting?
It was the futaba servo that was shorting out the esc. I plugged in a protek servo and had no issues with that. Tried the futaba again, shorted the esc so I had to take it out. Guess the firma 150a can't handle it but I have another futaba in my infraction paired with the mmx8s, and have 0 issues with that so far. Gotta put in a castle system in my limitless if I wanted to use that servo again.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back