Senton Essentials for new senton 3's

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
First time aarma owner. As the title states.... I checked all axles, motor mounts etc and lock tighted essentials. Placed Velcro around base of spur. Have proline trenchers waiting for the stock tires to blow. Bought a 15 tooth pinion just for fun. Trenchers shouldn't require it? Used gorilla tape to reinforce body. Please give me advice on chassis cover...traps heat? Will calibrate throttle and steering endpoints upon first run tomorrow. What to set punch at? Running a 3's Lipo. I come from a background of 5th scale gas so brushless electrics is somewhat new to me. Retired and limited funds, so just trying to have fun and get things right out of the gate. I'm NOT a heavy basher, love the short course trucks. I don't fly my trucks 30 ft airborne. I have a carbon cub for flying...lol. Any suggestions are much appreciated....and yes, I'll probably run it at 50% initially because I see its stupid fast on 3's...
I have both Senton and Mojave.... The scorched fenders make such a difference.... Worth the $$$

I have not had a big problem with the parachute effect with the body..... Good that you reinforced the body.

You have already received good advice by others..... I have kept mine essentially stock... I have trashed several tires, always on the rear.... Have replaced them with stock replacement from JennyRC....

You will get used to your rig soon enough, and the throttle will go to 75, then 100....

Then Mojave

The advice for quality drivers and a good charger is good advice..... I upgraded mine about 6 months in.....

In the meantime... HAVE FUN

MIPs are the best but also pricy and a bit fragile due to the hardened nature of the steel. I love these Neewer drivers and use them most of the time (literally daily) for the last year. I save my MIPs for more ‘fine’ work.

C4CAFAE1-1EC1-4A94-91CB-73419EACEE8E.png

A good set of hex drivers, like MIP. A good set of nut drivers. A good charger.
Good points! Still using L shaped Allen's.. you guys are costing me money! Enough with the suggestions..I'm retired!! Lol

Last edited:
I have both Senton and Mojave.... The scorched fenders make such a difference.... Worth the $$$

I have not had a big problem with the parachute effect with the body..... Good that you reinforced the body.

You have already received good advice by others..... I have kept mine essentially stock... I have trashed several tires, always on the rear.... Have replaced them with stock replacement from JennyRC....

You will get used to your rig soon enough, and the throttle will go to 75, then 100....

Then Mojave

The advice for quality drivers and a good charger is good advice..... I upgraded mine about 6 months in.....

In the meantime... HAVE FUN
Thanks for all the advice!

Get the Scortched RC fender wells https://scorchedparts.co.uk/products/inner-fender-wells-arrma-senton-3s?_pos=1&_sid=6b4f4fa39&_ss=r instead of a chassis cover, have spare front bumper supports on hand at all times because they are made of glass and have spare motor and slipper bearings on hand as well.
They work really well. I have 2 Sentons, one with the Scorched fenders and one without. It makes a big difference to the amount of debris in the chassis. Only problem is you have to elongate the body post holes to fit the boby clips which makes them weaker.

I just ordered the scorched fenders. Thanks for all the advice guys! Shipping is half the cost of the fenders!!! Somebody pls kill me!

I just ordered the scorched fenders. Thanks for all the advice guys!
Watch the Scorched RC instructional video before you cut them. I did it a bit wrong.

I just ordered the scorched fenders. Thanks for all the advice guys
Watch the Scorched RC instructional video before you cut them. I did it a bit wrong.
Thanks for that! Will do! I'm very proficient at screwing things up!
MIPs are the best but also pricy and a bit fragile due to the hardened nature of the steel. I love these Neewer drivers and use them most of the time (literally daily) for the last year. I save my MIPs for more ‘fine’ work.

View attachment 261231
That's a great price! Will check it out. Thanks!

Last edited:
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back