Senton Essentials for new senton 3's

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Johnny b

Very Active Member
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Senton 3s
  2. Typhon 3s
First time aarma owner. As the title states.... I checked all axles, motor mounts etc and lock tighted essentials. Placed Velcro around base of spur. Have proline trenchers waiting for the stock tires to blow. Bought a 15 tooth pinion just for fun. Trenchers shouldn't require it? Used gorilla tape to reinforce body. Please give me advice on chassis cover...traps heat? Will calibrate throttle and steering endpoints upon first run tomorrow. What to set punch at? Running a 3's Lipo. I come from a background of 5th scale gas so brushless electrics is somewhat new to me. Retired and limited funds, so just trying to have fun and get things right out of the gate. I'm NOT a heavy basher, love the short course trucks. I don't fly my trucks 30 ft airborne. I have a carbon cub for flying...lol. Any suggestions are much appreciated....and yes, I'll probably run it at 50% initially because I see its stupid fast on 3's...

Last edited:
First time aarma owner. As the title states.... I checked all axles, motor mounts etc and lock tighted essentials. Placed Velcro around base of spur. Have proline trenchers waiting for the stock tires to blow. Bought a 15 tooth pinion just for fun. Trenchers shouldn't require it? Used gorilla tape to reinforce body. Please give me advice on chassis cover...traps heat? Will calibrate throttle and steering endpoints upon first run tomorrow. What to set punch at? Running a 3's Lipo. I come from a background of 5th scale gas so brushless electrics is somewhat new to me. Retired and limited funds, so just trying to have fun and get things right out of the gate. I'm NOT a heavy basher, love the short course trucks. I don't fly my trucks 30 ft airborne. I have a carbon cub for flying...lol. Any suggestions are much appreciated....and yes, I'll probably run it at 50% initially because I see its stupid fast on 3's...

Get the Scortched RC fender wells https://scorchedparts.co.uk/products/inner-fender-wells-arrma-senton-3s?_pos=1&_sid=6b4f4fa39&_ss=r instead of a chassis cover, have spare front bumper supports on hand at all times because they are made of glass and have spare motor and slipper bearings on hand as well.

Get the Scortched RC fender wells https://scorchedparts.co.uk/products/inner-fender-wells-arrma-senton-3s?_pos=1&_sid=6b4f4fa39&_ss=r instead of a chassis cover, have spare front bumper supports on hand at all times because they are made of glass and have spare motor and slipper bearings on hand as well.
Thank you! Was actually considering the scorched fender wells. Will take all under advisement. Any point in putting fine screen mesh over the fans? Does debris enter them? I appreciate your knowledge!

Nope won't hurt the fans do collect a lot debris especially if you run in grass.

Thank you. Yes, I did check and adjust. Seems to be fine. ESSENTIALS guys...not upgrades...I prefer to break and learn...lol

Not afraid to break things….
1670471921940.jpeg

OH! One more thing, and this is for when you break parts: consider using Jennysrc as the parts are a fair bit cheaper.
Got it! Thanks!
I almost forgot change out the bushing in the steering bellcrank for ball bearings as it makes the steering a lot smoother they are 5x10x4 iirc.

And replace all of the plastic pivot balls with these https://www.amazon.com/Team-Associated-Turnbuckle-Balls-Shouldered/dp/B071H3QY4X the plastic ones won't last very long.
Mm. Thought the v3 had bearings but will check. Yeah, thanks...those darn pivot balls would wear out fast on the losi also!

Got it! Thanks!

Mm. Thought the v3 had bearings but will check. Yeah, thanks...those darn pivot balls would wear out fast on the losi also!
Part diagram shows plastic bushings.

Thought the v3 had bearings
It does so you’re fine. I definitely would put the 15t pinion on with the trenchers. Otherwise will deal with heat issues and possibly cogging. Sounds like you hit most of the basics, but did you check the slipper? And the mesh between pinion and spur gear? Also, it’s a good idea to Loctite the metal axles to the plastic driveshaft. Get on YouTube and look for arrma 3s set up and maintenance videos. If you have trouble figuring something out, just ask. There are tons of people here that like to help.

Also keep something in mind. As someone on the forum once said, ‘everyone here has spent in exorbitant amount of money on their cars and want you to as well’. So you’ll get much advice to upgrade upgrade upgrade. However, I wouldn’t worry about doing that at first. Just drive it and enjoy, these things are plenty fast and durable completely stock. If you find that you break certain parts often, those are the ones to upgrade. One thing that you’ll need to do sooner than later are bearings. The stock ones are not the best in the world.

The dirt covers are great for the winter time because they keep out water and snow to a certain extent. But in the summertime they will definitely overheat the car. After each run, I blow my cars off really good with a small electric blower and then wipe down with baby wipes as needed. Every couple of months or so, depending on how much you drive it ,you’ll want to take the thing apart and do routine maintenance anyway. That’s when the deep cleaning occurs.

Thank you for all that....yes, I've done everything in your first paragraph. The trenchers are pretty much the same size as stock, just a few mm taller, so I'm thinking stock pinion ok? Will monitor heat. Mesh between pinion and spur is good. I learned to upgrade as things repeatedly break from my 5th scale days. Probably go with the scorched fender wells as I'm in Central Florida where heat can be an issue. I appreciate all the advice!

Thank you for all that....yes, I've done everything in your first paragraph. The trenchers are pretty much the same size as stock, just a few mm taller, so I'm thinking stock pinion ok? Will monitor heat. Mesh between pinion and spur is good. I learned to upgrade as things repeatedly break from my 5th scale days. Probably go with the scorched fender wells as I'm in Central Florida where heat can be an issue. I appreciate all the advice!
Stock pinion is 20t. That’s going to be a lot for the stock system to handle with trenchers. That would be a lot with pretty much any tire other than the little stock ones and buggy tires. Make sure you have a temp gun and expect some cogging.

Ok you convinced me....throwing on the 15...thanks
See 👇;)

Once you're at it, consider getting a set for the Mojave as well as this will probably be your next car...:ROFLMAO:
It was between the Mojave and the Senton after much research. Wanted to save some coin, picked up the senton for 319.00 amazon.

Last edited:
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back