Kraton ET48.3 vs Kraton

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

slfmde

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
Does anyone have both? I’m looking for a truggy and wondering if the extra $ and time to build is worth it.

It is generally agreed that the Tekno is better in pretty much every way, except price. How much better, and whether it is worth 2x the cost of a Kraton is debatable, though.

The chassis of the ET is quite narrow and crowded. I wish they made a wider option (for 6S etc.).

While it's difficult to compare kits & RTR, I'll just stick to the basics. You already have an Outcast. The Kraton will have the same power but stay planted if you leave it stock. You can punch the stock V3 & it won't wheelie. That changes dramatically if you stiffen the springs, put 500k-1mil in the center diff, or put Backflip tires on it. If you want the Kraton to be a truggy, leave it stock. But it can easily become a MT.

The et48.3 is a whole other animal. There's no real "stock" for the car. You have to have some idea of how to completely tune it to your liking. The stuff that it comes with in the box will turn it into a mediocre truggy that will try to preserve it's plastic spur gear. There's plenty of info around on how to tune it for race spec, bashing, or a combination of both. I also have all the parts to switch it between the MT410. I have literally bashed it within a hairline of meeting it's maker & I just can't break the thing. I even sent it flying off 40-50ft hills & it flew far enough to land on concrete over 100ft away (pure accident, I only did it once :p) & it didn't break. But just like my mods, it took a great deal of tuning to dial the truck in & I wasted a ton of oil doing so.

To sum it up, if you want the best go Tekno but be prepared to work for it. If you want to bash now, go Kraton. But seriously, If the Tekno is at 96%, the Kraton is at 93%. The only way the extra 3% is worth it is that you REALLY want it. If you have to consider it, it's probably not.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back