Even if you haven't skated you'll appreciate this one.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
One pot hole away from death! :oops: Nothing to appreciate here. Very irresponsible to perform this on a public highway jeopardizing others safety by creating a distraction. Looks fun, but there's a proper place and time for everything.

I see your point and sort of agree; however, it's no worse that the morons on Hayabusas street racing around here. I personally don't care what they or anyone does, but I don't want to be involved with their demise. So I get your point.

All in all he was very much in control and had limits. On the other had this guy (the video) not so much. He had a crappy road and way too many unknowns. But luck is better than skill.
That's what an old person would say..🙄

Shared this one a few times but not on the forum. These guys obviously know the roads well.

Here's what my skateboard looked like back in the day 😮
View attachment 282333
LOL that's what I learned on. We dragged them out of my friends basement and got to work. Those metal wheels were brutal and single action trucks had almost no control. It wasn't long before we upgraded to real skateboards with laminated deck with grip tape and a tail, double action trucks and urethane wheels.

I still have a few boards but don't skate. Don't care much about falling off, but man I don't heal like I used to.

I'm just not understanding where the speed or apparent speed is coming from? Is he being propelled by the chase vehicle thats filming or something? He doesn't appear to be going down a hill that would create the speed he's carrying?
One second away from being picked up with a shovel no doubt. Kinda reminds me of Travis Pastrana and company.. how they're still alive, IDK 🤷‍♂️
This is all gravity. It's hard to judge how fast he actually going because the camera perspective is low to the ground and wide angle which gives the impression of speed. Looking at the cars and the posted limit 30kph max (19 mph) he's not going as fast as we think. It looks like he's doing 100mph, which would be a world record, but it's probably more 40 mph in some places and 15-20 mph in the tight turns.
1677795429022.png

I suspect judging by the road and speed of th

Those boards are built for speed and control. First thing we did when we got a new board was to clean the grease out of the bearings and put in Tri-flow. It's lighter and less friction. Then add "speed rings", which are small conical washers that capture the bearing race instead of the side of the bearing, i.e. it make the bearing work properly. Hard wheels go faster, but they are less for giving to rocks....and your feet, but you get used to it.

In the late 80s, my brother, myself, and a few of our friends would drive 20 minutes to bomb down the Flint, MI downhill derby track at Southwestern HS. We had a few good spills and even drove the cars down next to the boarders a few times to get speed guesstimates. I think we got into the hi 20s or low 30s. That guy in the OP video was mostly flowing with traffic so I doubt he got over 50 very often. 25 on a skateboard is scary, 50+ is nuts.

*edit: He also scrubbed off the speed a few times with well-planned and well-executed slides if his passes wouldn't be safe in that area.

Understood. Gf's been a nurse for 33 years. Many years as a hospice nurse. Held many hands while taking last breath and also informing families. Sadly nursing is no longer about patient care, but #s. That's why she's leaving profession. As a nurse, I'm not telling you anything.
Its a risk even to drive to work, but I have known BEFORE graduating high school, 3 others permanently disabled in car accidents in my small town. These guys….. yeah……better hope they don’t hit a bird……(let alone anything bigger)…… they will lose……it’s all fun…..til someone gets hurt, killed, or becomes a vegetable

agree about nursing. My wife (also a nurse) retires in less than a year. I still have about 5 years to go…..wish it was less…..there is so much bs….and it takes away from actually caring for the patient…..yep yep

edit: as far as ‘live a little bit’ ….done more than I care to say……but this rings true:

play stupid games …..win stupid prizes

Last edited:
Never was into skateboarding, too uncoordinated.

Around 11yo was camping with my cousins. Rode skateboard down a paved, small incline in the park, jumped off as was going to fast, feet came out from under me, landed directly on my collarbone....snap!

Yup, that was the last time I got on a skateboard. 🤷‍♂️🤣

Its a risk even to drive to work, but I have known BEFORE graduating high school, 3 others permanently disabled in car accidents in my small town. These guys….. yeah……better hope they don’t hit a bird……(let alone anything bigger)…… they will lose……it’s all fun…..til someone gets hurt, killed, or becomes a vegetable

agree about nursing. My wife (also a nurse) retires in less than a year. I still have about 5 years to go…..wish it was less…..there is so much bs….and it takes away from actually caring for the patient…..yep yep

edit: as far as ‘live a little bit’ ….done more than I care to say……but this rings true:

play stupid games …..win stupid prizes
Similar story. Went to High School a small town in the 80's with nothing to do. The two most popular past times were drinking and driving. They often were mixed together which was just plain dumb. One year we had 2 pages of kids in the year book that died, I think almost all of them were DUI, just stupid drunk kid stuff that was 100% avoidable. It was occasionally sobering for some and an excuse for others.

At the same time you get to an age where you friends start to randomly check out and realize that it could be me next. Or as my Dad said, "I hope I don't wake up dead." The magic number is in your 40's still fairly young and hopefully active. At the same time you wake up in the morning and don't know why something hurts.

I'm not a fan of them possibly involving other's in the demise but other than that, it's entirely up to the people involved what they do. There are more than enough things that we perceive as crazy, stupid or useless but others enjoy it or consider it a challenge. I'm sure people thought the Wright brothers were crazy radicals and we wouldn't have planes if they didn't try it.

But that's all part of life and I hope that everyone checks all the boxes on their bucket list.

I'm not a fan of them possibly involving other's in the demise but other than that, it's entirely up to the people involved what they do. There are more than enough things that we perceive as crazy, stupid or useless but others enjoy it or consider it a challenge.
Was going to let this go, but have to somewhat disagree here. I'm all about having fun, pushing limits, thinking outside the box, BUT NOT AT THE EXPENSE OF POTENTIALLY HARMING OTHERS. Skateboarding is fun, I've done it for many years. A public road with family's, grandmothers, babies etc. driving in 5000 + lb vehicles is not the place to do this. I've done some irresponsible crazy stuff on dirt bikes growing up, but not at the expense of harming others, just myself. There seems to be a trend of "If it feels good and makes ME happy, then I'm going to do it" and I couldn't care less if I'm endangering others. I see it in the way people drive daily. Lets just have a lawless nation. Wild west! Ill be the first to admit, I don't generally like being around people, they get under my skin as I'm sure I do there's, but I feel I must respect people enough not to harm them with my actions. I don't even have a problem with skateboarding on a quiet dead end street. IVE done it!! We all have but clearly this is highways with traffic, curves etc. I'm not even offended at being called an "Old Fart" lol. I'm much to old ( and respectful) to call names though. Guess I'm just an old outdated fart...I'm ok with that. ;) Sometimes ya just gotta make your point. Peace to all my fellow forum members.

:oops: wow. Big balls or no brain or both? I was waiting for someone to brake check him. I felt very uneasy watching that.

Last edited:
Was going to let this go, but have to somewhat disagree here. I'm all about having fun, pushing limits, thinking outside the box, BUT NOT AT THE EXPENSE OF POTENTIALLY HARMING OTHERS. Skateboarding is fun, I've done it for many years. A public road with family's, grandmothers, babies etc. driving in 5000 + lb vehicles is not the place to do this. I've done some irresponsible crazy stuff on dirt bikes growing up, but not at the expense of harming others, just myself. There seems to be a trend of "If it feels good and makes ME happy, then I'm going to do it" and I couldn't care less if I'm endangering others. I see it in the way people drive daily. Lets just have a lawless nation. Wild west! Ill be the first to admit, I don't generally like being around people, they get under my skin as I'm sure I do there's, but I feel I must respect people enough not to harm them with my actions. I don't even have a problem with skateboarding on a quiet dead end street. IVE done it!! We all have but clearly this is highways with traffic, curves etc. I'm not even offended at being called an "Old Fart" lol. I'm much to old ( and respectful) to call names though. Guess I'm just an old outdated fart...I'm ok with that. ;) Sometimes ya just gotta make your point. Peace to all my fellow forum members.
Your not an old fart unless you are yelling, "Hey you kids. Get off my lawn!"

I agree with you when I said "I'm not a fan of them possibly involving other's in their demise" that's what I meant.

Again not saying it's right, but to be fair if he hits a 5,000lb SUV, the SUV will be fine and the driver won't be physically hurt. However, if I was the driver I would be pissed, not about the dent but the fact that he dragged me into the drama.

As you pointed out, it's not much worse than driving these days. Bicyclist don't stop at any stop sign or light. People wear dark clothes and jay walk on the highway. We can't forget the idiots on motorcycles who think the road is their personal race track. I've nearly removed a guys head on a mountain road because his wheels were in his lane but his head in mine! They love to split the lane between me and the semi at 100 mph. In fact all thee of the above will do it and flip you off at the same time. They don't feel responsible for themselves or their well being.

So do I care if they get squished? Given that they are selfish pigs, so not really, but I also don't want to be involved in it.

As for the video. It is what it is. He's not telling anyone to do that or it's a good idea. Maybe it's 100% legal in Columbia, I didn't see any signs that say not skateboards or bicycles, I dunno. It's a video of a good skater doing a thing. If you look at it in the larger picture this is art. Art is a way express yourself, relate ideas and get people to talk. Sometimes it everyone loves it and other times it's offensive. But it's free expression and not meant for me personally to like or dislike.

Enjoy it or don't it's up to you.

I used to ride the board a bit as a kid. Real amateur stuff, but I remember doing down a steep road one day when I was in high school. Got speed wobbles and had to ditch the board at terminal velocity. Game over. Took skin off almost every joint.
I also saw a mate try to skate down a flight of steps but managed to put an extra joint in his arm. Bone was almost through the skin.

I agree with you when I said "I'm not a fan of them possibly involving other's in their demise" that's what I meant.

Again not saying it's right, but to be fair if he hits a 5,000lb SUV, the SUV will be fine and the driver won't be physically hurt. However, if I was the driver I would be pissed, not about the dent but the fact that he dragged me into the drama.

As you pointed out, it's not much worse than driving these days. Bicyclist don't stop at any stop sign or light. People wear dark clothes and jay walk on the highway. We can't forget the idiots on motorcycles who think the road is their personal race track. I've nearly removed a guys head on a mountain road because his wheels were in his lane but his head in mine! They love to split the lane between me and the semi at 100 mph. In fact all thee of the above will do it and flip you off at the same time. They don't feel responsible for themselves or their well being.

So do I care if they get squished? Given that they are selfish pigs, so not really, but I also don't want to be involved in it.

As for the video. It is what it is. He's not telling anyone to do that or it's a good idea. Maybe it's 100% legal in Columbia, I didn't see any signs that say not skateboards or bicycles, I dunno. It's a video of a good skater doing a thing. If you look at it in the larger picture this is art. Art is a way express yourself, relate ideas and get people to talk. Sometimes it everyone loves it and other times it's offensive. But it's free expression and not meant for me personally to like or dislike.

Enjoy it or don't it's up to you.
Respect your opinion bud!👊

Why are so many self righteous buttholes getting puckered up about what a skate border did on video?😂 It’s dangerous just riding one regularly. If you’re on a road with moving metal, only one person is getting hurt. They made that choice.

It would be the same if a biker was weaving in and out of traffic on one wheel or both wheels. We’ve all seen it, I’ve done it and many others have too. There are more videos out there with bikes doing that than skateboarders. Where’s the outrage on that and every other stupid thing one does on the TUBE? 😂

I do that and I don't even have a lawn! :ROFLMAO:
Why are so many self righteous buttholes getting puckered up about what a skate border did on video?😂 It’s dangerous just riding one regularly. If you’re on a road with moving metal, only one person is getting hurt. They made that choice.

It would be the same if a biker was weaving in and out of traffic on one wheel or both wheels. We’ve all seen it, I’ve done it and many others have too. There are more videos out there with bikes doing that than skateboarders. Where’s the outrage on that and every other stupid thing one does on the TUBE? 😂

Because if the dumbass eats it, and you run him over, his family will sue you and win.

Its worth checking out Josh Neuman (RIP, plane crash) the longboarder on YouTube. He did some serious high speed downhill longboarding all over the world. There were multiple vehicles and they were planned extensively using radios to notify of any cars in advance. His videos were amazing.

Josh Neuman: Race Against the Storm

Its worth checking out Josh Neuman (RIP, plane crash) the longboarder on YouTube. He did some serious high speed downhill longboarding all over the world. There were multiple vehicles and they were planned extensively using radios to notify of any cars in advance. His videos were amazing.

Thx 4 posting that, epic and RIP

😂
Sean Flanagan Fah GIF by FoilArmsandHog

so many karens/darens itt... this coming from a 50+ yr old white dude

the only one risking his life in the op's video is the guy on the 2x4 at 50+ mph.

Because if the dumbass eats it, and you run him over, his family will sue you and win.
Yeah, so sad but so true.

That's why I have a dash cam. Not only would I get a viral video but I get evidence that I'm not the dumb ass in this situation. Other situations maybe, but not this one, ... this time. Maybe next time though.

Oh wait he was filming the whole thing. You know "GoPro - Film your death."

Still getting sued.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back