Notorious Even to a newbie, It Made a Difference...the servo saver shim, servo upgrade, & DumboRC.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rbx123

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Notorious
Today I did the servo saver shim, installed a 25 kg servo, and hooked up the DumboRC and I immediately noticed a substantial improvement in turning! It's worth the trouble and $. What a day, 5 hrs working on it. I also installed bearings in all the wheels & fixed 3 of 4 body mounts. Replaced the now curved wing mount with RPM mounts. Replaced 2 bent front top shock screws, installed an aluminum servo mount. I probably forgot something...lol

Damn that Jump Ramp my friend built me, but it's fun!

I noticed a big improvement installing the EXB servo saver spring and replacing the steering bell crank bushings with bearings.
I did not see how to change the steering bushings, do that....Next time, if I can see them. It did not match up to a video I saw, Oh well.
Awesome, I’m glad everything came out and you got it back on the ground again. ??

Bash ... fix .... repeat ???? Oh.... and don't forget the ??
No beer for me...Wake & Bake! Lunch & Bake...Bake & Bake....LOL

I just bought a kit containing all the bearings here BUT....Bearings I did not see how to change the steering bearings, do that....Next time, if I can see them.

Today I did the servo saver shim, installed a 25 kg servo, and hooked up the DumboRC and I immediately noticed a substantial improvement in turning! It's worth the trouble and $. What a day, 5 hrs working on it. I also installed bearings in all the wheels & fixed 3 of 4 body mounts. Replaced the now curved wing mount with RPM mounts. Replaced 2 bent front top shock screws, installed an aluminum servo mount. I probably forgot something...lol

Damn that Jump Ramp my friend built me, but it's fun!
Hello!! What part did you replace exactly?

Great! Do you photo?? I am having problems with the steering, it is very weak, I changed the servo, but not return 100% to the center

This one SERVO, has great reviews and inexpensive..... Works for me......

And I am getting better at landing on the wheels off my jump 3-4 out of 6 jumps.....LOL Dam my friend for building a jump ramp for me.....

I see you are new here. I was a month or so ago. This place is great. The people are so helpful, so if I can, I will contribute as well.

What part of the world are you in?

Near Boston, Mass USA...I have a Notorious....all stock at the moment but I was about to upgrade my servo mount and arm, and figure while I have that apart I should upgrade the servo too.....there are just so many options and I don’t want to drop $80, so I’ll prob go with the one u suggested. Thx!

Last edited:
I am just doing a bearing swap with a kit off of AliExpress. The tolerances are a bit off so far. I have not taken the steering apart yet but that is next. I have a GPM aluminum mount in my hands right now. I also have a Banggood KS-3518 servo ready to drop in. 18KG and fast. I think the right bearings are in the kit I have but I'm just working on the wheels and diffs at the moment.

The one screw I am really having trouble getting out is the one holding the servo horn on to the splined servo hub. That thing is ON there. It's not reverse thread or something crazy is it?

The one screw I am really having trouble getting out is the one holding the servo horn on to the splined servo hub. That thing is ON there. It's not reverse thread or something crazy is it?
You can try applying some heat to it to loosen it up. A small Torch or a long BBQ lighter. The Loctite is causing this I beleive.

Here is my other issue. The extra play in the axle with the new bearings. Top is pushed in, bottom is pushed out. Quite a bit of movement.

For the pivot balls and the CV joint on the front, do you guys leave them dry? Use a little dry graphite for lube?

70E62901-BAE4-4910-A47C-6B626B7A2707.jpeg

42C20A52-6ACC-4DB5-9788-440BAB83D069.jpeg

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back