Kraton Every EXB?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

crod44305

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Granite
  2. Kraton EXB
So I preordered the EXB mid July. According to Amain, it should be in at the end of September. Super excited as this will be my first Arrma vehicle. Have all the electronics ready to go and everything. My question is, how widespread is this rear diff issue? I obviously see a ton about the problem but wasn’t sure exactly how common it is. Was this just a bad batch of units when it came to QC on the amount of shims used? Or is it a flat out design flaw in all of them and every single one is going to have issues until they redesign the whole rear diff? Thanks guys, looking forward to frequenting this forum a ton more now that I’ll have an Arrma in the stable.

Try your local shop. I ordered the EXB mid July at my LHS and got it last week. They ordered two and had the second on the shelf. Likely went fast.
Your right though online can’t get them it seems but my hobby shop had 2-3 of them sitting there and available on their online store also.

I assume that they are going to fix the diff problems in the batch that is hitting in late Sept. I'm fine waiting if they are going to fix the problem.

Oh ok we have an Amain hobby here in Chico Cali.. And my Kraton 6s V4 they didnt even have in stock... All the parts i look at to buy was always on back order or not in stock.. So i went to Horizon Hobby and bought my Kraton 6s V4 and got it 4 days later.. I know there has been a crazy sales for the EXB version but I mostly buy from Horizon Hobby..
I had the same problem with buying things from Arrma website.... And was the samething... Not sure why maybe some veterans on this forum can explain...
Thats just my Amature thoughts...:LOL:

I haven’t seen many rear diffs surviving myself but that doesn’t mean some haven’t. We always hear from the guys who break them. Mine didn’t hold up to:

1) too much power
2) bad driver
100) bad design

I haven’t seen many rear diffs surviving myself but that doesn’t mean some haven’t. We always hear from the guys who break them. Mine didn’t hold up to:

1) too much power
2) bad driver
100) bad design
What is too much power in your scenario?

So I preordered the EXB mid July. According to Amain, it should be in at the end of September. Super excited as this will be my first Arrma vehicle. Have all the electronics ready to go and everything. My question is, how widespread is this rear diff issue? I obviously see a ton about the problem but wasn’t sure exactly how common it is. Was this just a bad batch of units when it came to QC on the amount of shims used? Or is it a flat out design flaw in all of them and every single one is going to have issues until they redesign the whole rear diff? Thanks guys, looking forward to frequenting this forum a ton more now that I’ll have an Arrma in the stable.
I am Dutch ? and I have had it since Wednesday ?
also super happy and everything neatly put in ? but this is a delivery in Europe.
production was on the rise long before an error was once discovered.
So it will take a while before a delivery comes where it is right.

But I took all the diff out to check ? front and middle were good and immediately put in new oil 60k for 200k middle and 20k rear.
It's a monster ?

Because the shims are not yet available, I just put those iron plates in it ? because they could be ordered.
Works fine, I already have a few batteries on it ? and nothing is broken ?

Super car does not understand that everyone is whining about the shim story.
The problem is known and the solution is there.
We are in corona time and everything normally takes a little longer. Get used to that because this is just the beginning ?
So now no more whining and just enjoy bashing ??

Because the shims are not yet available, I just put those iron plates in it ? because they could be ordered.

What do you mean with iron plates? LSD plates?

But I took all the diff out to check ? front and middle were good and immediately put in new oil 60k for 200k middle and 20k rear.
It's a monster ?

Super car does not understand that everyone is whining about the shim story.
The problem is known and the solution is there.
We are in corona time and everything normally takes a little longer. Get used to that because this is just the beginning ?
So now no more whining and just enjoy bashing ??

What motor/ESC are you using.??

Has anyone received a Kraton exb from an Amain order yet? I pre-ordered in July and now the website says Nov 23 they will be in stock.

This is disappointing now. If I hadn't already purchased an ESC and motor for this I'd probably just cancel my order.

Has anyone received a Kraton exb from an Amain order yet? I pre-ordered in July and now the website says Nov 23 they will be in stock.

This is disappointing now. If I hadn't already purchased an ESC and motor for this I'd probably just cancel my order.

Dang, I just saw that. I ordered mine in late July as well from Amain. Hopefully they’re gonna have fixed diffs by then

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back