every one need one of these

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

nrrtrains

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Granite
  2. Typhon 3s
this is one of the best tools you can have in your tool box , cheep but wort every penny . it is a servo tester . i have been using them for years .
1655604252034.png

No, this is not important in RC Cars. No one has these for RC Cars. I have never seen anyone
We don't need more than 180degrees servos max
And we use only one or max 2 servos.

This is only for Robot builders with very cheap 20-200pc servo bulk installs, and where you may need servos that turns 200degrees +

No, this is not important in RC Cars. No one has these for RC Cars. I have never seen anyone
We don't need more than 180degrees servos max
And we use only one or max 2 servos.

This is only for Robot builders with very cheap 20-200pc servo bulk installs, and where you may need servos that turns 200degrees +
Yeah, I love mine. Have learned to test servos prior to installing. Just cause you don’t think it’s needed doesn’t mean others need to share your assumptions 🙄
Why? I've never used one and don't know what I'm missing.
You can catch a bad/weak servo prior to install for one. You can test an existing servo to confirm its working properly as well. Yet another nice tidbit I’ve learned from SrC over the last 14 months or so.
The one pictured by the OP is the same one I have. Less then $10 and works well.
Oops, it’s not quite the same. I got this one actually. $13 not $10 lol.

Attachments

• D6D049EB-6654-4F96-94DA-034BF8C06BC7.png
    D6D049EB-6654-4F96-94DA-034BF8C06BC7.png
    592.6 KB · Views: 36
Last edited:
I don't understund stil

Why buy this to RC Car ?

You test servo from your receiver before install, also center the servo this way.
No problems.

I don't need a tool for this like a servo tester at all.

And i have more than 100 rc cars total in my life.
Have buy better servos to many rtr cars and so on.
Never had any servo that fails. Had more than 150 different Servos.
They are quality controlled from factory. Always good

This TOOL (servo tester) is for robot guys, and maybe to guys who buy bulk poor quality cheap servos, and maybe to airplanes, the guys who use 6-10 servos in one model
then this tool makes sence.

In RC Cars no i don't think EVERY ONE needs this tool, not at all actually

Why would we?

I don't understund stil

Why buy this to RC Car ?

You test servo from your receiver before install, also center the servo this way.
No problems.

I don't need a tool for this like a servo tester at all.

And i have more than 100 rc cars total in my life.
Have buy better servos to many rtr cars and so on.
Never had any servo that fails. Had more than 150 different Servos.
They are quality controlled from factory. Always good

This TOOL (servo tester) is for robot guys, and maybe to guys who buy bulk poor quality cheap servos, and maybe to airplanes, the guys who use 6-10 servos in one model
then this tool makes sence.

In RC Cars no i don't think EVERY ONE needs this tool, not at all actually

Why would we?
Ok cool good for you. Between spelling and sentence format I’ll avoid arguing further. Suddenly got a headache.

Servo testers are a great way to make sure your servo is centered before you install it, as well as making sure that it is functioning correctly. Not everybody has perfect servos everytime. I have had a bad servo in a new rc before.

i will self buy one of these.

Why i want one is a long story.
I will write why someday

Normally when i build a roller or kit, i do bench testing and do also the throttle calibration to the combo, and center the servo at table before install
any electronics in the car at all.
I check that *Everything* in electronics work properly before mount anything.
ESC. Motor, fans, servo, bind extra receiver, i have one radio to many rigs,, so i check everything first, when this is done i start mount them to the car
and cut wires to perfect lengd and so on

Last edited:
The problem is...you still have to buy the servo first to test it. So you can be 10 servos deep before finding "the one."

Back in the AM/FM radio days, these were a "Don't leave home without them" important. At the track, your radio was impounded except for when you were running your car because of the limited frequencies / channels available. Servo tester was the only way your could check out your car in the pits to make sure everything was working before you got to the drivers stand.

These days, they are less important, but still useful. I swap RX's a lot, so checking Bind is an important step for my setup, so I will almost always have my radio and a battery handy. Also, you can't set up / calibrate an ESC from a tester, you need your radio and RX to make sure it is set right. This all makes having a servo tester less important these days.

But when you need to check a servo and don't have the rest of the system in place it's a great tool.
the servo checker is for checking the servo after you buy it , put it in auto and it will let the servo run as long as you want . if a servo is going too fail it will usually happen in the first 5 minutes not counting striping gears from bashing or hitting an object . i learned from flying planes to test every servo i install in any of my planes because in the air is not like on the road or track if a servo fails your plane is going in and the outcome is not pretty .

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back