Evil-T Typhon build

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Evil-T

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Typhon 6s
This is my first Arrma RC and must say I’m impressed with the overall build Q and way things have been thought off, for a RTR I’m very happy.

Just about to finish my Evil-R build which is an E Revo 2.0, just need to wire up the Futaba Rx and she’s done (well apart from the custom sprayed body but my guy has the E Revo and Typhon bodies waiting in line to be done)

I get the impression some are not a fan of Traxxas but I’m very happy with the E Revo but must say there’s been a lot of changes to it, I’ve included a pic below.

Anyway back to the T

I’m currently running it stock but as soon as the other RC’s running this will be stripped and rebuilt, I must say it feels really twitchy to drive (loose dirt/short grass circuit) and the Specktrum transmitter I just can’t get on with the trigger is far to light good job I have a Futaba 7PX waiting.

This is just initial feel with no real set up, even being one of the nicest built RTR RC’s I’ve handled I must admit it’s been the hardest to settle into.

Building this more for hard surface/road use.

Parts list as follows

Arrma:
Alloy diffs

Alza:
CF shock tower F&R
CF top plate
CF steering plates
Alu servo mount
Alu diff mount
Alu diff cover
1/5 adapters

Scorched RC:
Titanium chassis

HR:
Front chassis brace
Rear chassis brace
Servo horn/arm
Front Suspension arm
Sway bar mounts

Yeah racing dual fan

Boca yellow all round

RPM Rear skid

T-Bone front bumper

On back order:
Castle MX/1515 2200kv

This may change or be adapted as it goes and I do have a few extra bits if needed.

9BECB4F1-987E-4A12-BFB5-236D3F2A19B2.jpeg
C6A90692-4234-49C7-AFBA-019285E9559C.jpeg
1F9EA9B7-105E-47A2-9E16-A9DED46E82AB.jpeg

This is my first Arrma RC and must say I’m impressed with the overall build Q and way things have been thought off, for a RTR I’m very happy.

Just about to finish my Evil-R build which is an E Revo 2.0, just need to wire up the Futaba Rx and she’s done (well apart from the custom sprayed body but my guy has the E Revo and Typhon bodies waiting in line to be done)

I get the impression some are not a fan of Traxxas but I’m very happy with the E Revo but must say there’s been a lot of changes to it, I’ve included a pic below.

Anyway back to the T

I’m currently running it stock but as soon as the other RC’s running this will be stripped and rebuilt, I must say it feels really twitchy to drive (loose dirt/short grass circuit) and the Specktrum transmitter I just can’t get on with the trigger is far to light good job I have a Futaba 7PX waiting.

This is just initial feel with no real set up, even being one of the nicest built RTR RC’s I’ve handled I must admit it’s been the hardest to settle into.

Building this more for hard surface/road use.

Parts list as follows

Arrma:
Alloy diffs

Alza:
CF shock tower F&R
CF top plate
CF steering plates
Alu servo mount
Alu diff mount
Alu diff cover
1/5 adapters

Scorched RC:
Titanium chassis

HR:
Front chassis brace
Rear chassis brace
Servo horn/arm
Front Suspension arm
Sway bar mounts

Yeah racing dual fan

Boca yellow all round

RPM Rear skid

T-Bone front bumper

On back order:
Castle MX/1515 2200kv

This may change or be adapted as it goes and I do have a few extra bits if needed.

View attachment 43202View attachment 43203View attachment 43204
Very cool, that Typhon is pretty sweet!

Liking what you've done with the Revo and the Typhon sounds like a great build. Just one recommendation coming from somebody who is new to the Typhon, and Arrma. I went with a Tbone rear bumper instead of the RPM skid plate. I know we don't crash into things backwards much, but since I use mine as a basher I wanted to be prepared for the occasional tumble from a bad landing. Especially while I'm learning the ins and outs of driving it.

I'm also really curious how the titanium chassis performs. I love the idea of greater strength and the occasional spark shower, but am concerned about the added weight and if it's a good trade off.

20190703_165402.jpg
20190703_143414.jpg

Liking what you've done with the Revo and the Typhon sounds like a great build. Just one recommendation coming from somebody who is new to the Typhon, and Arrma. I went with a Tbone rear bumper instead of the RPM skid plate. I know we don't crash into things backwards much, but since I use mine as a basher I wanted to be prepared for the occasional tumble from a bad landing. Especially while I'm learning the ins and outs of driving it.

I'm also really curious how the titanium chassis performs. I love the idea of greater strength and the occasional spark shower, but am concerned about the added weight and if it's a good trade off.

I did consider that but have a TA rear diffuser ready to custom fit.

As for the chassis it’s about 100g over the M2C one which I would of gone for, the weights low down so I’m not overly concerned.

We will see...
The E Revo is alive so just need to set it up and it’s Typhon time.
827B9410-7E8E-4761-8FAF-B95322F394D7.jpeg

7PX is a fantastic radio, I absolutely love mine. It's expensive but worth it in my opinion. Futaba usually has the best range out there as well.

Slight change of plan and decided to go with an M2C chassis!

Haven’t handled the Scorched Ti version to give my views once the M2C turns up but I know the M2C is tried and tested with few of any real bad reviews, so if in my mind if more then adequate and 100g lighter it’s the obvious choice really.

As said nothing bad to say about the Scorched product but will say they haven’t been the most responsive via email as they haven’t responded to my last two emails which one was to put a deposit down like requested on their FB Page!

More then welcome dude and those builds are looking amazing!! ?? Nice work buddy, and honestly, i know dave who is the guy doing scrouched parts, he has a full roll out coming soon, and he is very busy as he also makes towers! Which from the Facebook group I'm in come highly recommended ??

As for the rear end protection M3 make a rear skid with bumper, bumper made by pos! Which anyone with knowledge of pos knows they are amazing quality, and M3 are the same standard!

Picture below ??
Only down side to this is that you need to drill the chassis for the extra holes so it bridges the weak point but it also protects the chassis ?

Attachments

• 20190618_163956_HDR.jpg
    20190618_163956_HDR.jpg
    195 KB · Views: 27
Thanks ??

Hopefully the Scorched stuff will get more covered once there’s been the full roll out, just a shame he never replied to my emails.

Thinking of doing a second Arrma build so maybe I could use the Ti chassis on that and get a decent side by side

I’ve got the Nylon RPM rear skid as I have the TA rear diffuser I want to incorporate into the build.

Sorry guys builds on hold as I’ve decided to add the HR diff houses and hubs.

As I already had all the Boca yellows it did require another message to Michael at Boca bearings to get some extra sent out to me!

So any U.K members after a full set of Boca yellows for the stock front and rear wheel hubs keep and eye out as I’m be moving them on ??

(Might as well built this RC from parts as nothing will be stock when I’m done)

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back