Kraton EVO P2 servo ?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ole Fart51

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Nero
  2. Talion
Thinking about buying this servo but when reading the specs it's in Kg. Does anyone know what the 6v specs are? In oz?

I don't have the conversion numbers but I just put one on my Kraton. It's noticeably faster and returns to zero much better than stock but I haven't bashed it hard and its only been a week. I'm planning on airing it out today so I'll post me thoughts.

I did have to shim the linkage a little because the angle off the stock servo horn was a little steep and it was binding at full turn, not much - about 3mm was enough.

I put one in my outcast a while ago. I don't remember all the specs but I had them figured out. Torque is decent but there are stronger servos out there. That said I think it is plenty strong to do the job, and much stronger than stock. The speed is impressive for a servo with decent torque. I am running at 6v and it is fast. A bec running at 7.4 should be insane. I am not running a glitch buster or a bec and I have not had any issues yet. I am running the blx200 esc though.
No complaints here. Centers very well as mentioned before. I watched a review that said it was noisy but mine seems quieter than stock.

Google says the conversion is 1 kg/cm = 89.5959 oz/in, which seems kind of weird because that would mean this servo is rated at ~1630kg/cm which seems way to high. So a little more digging and conversion we are looking for is actually 0.0720077889323 kg-cm = 1 oz-in. I found this on this website:
This conversion puts the EVO P2 at 252 oz-in, which also matched up to a post that I found that lists the specs for this servo in both kg/cm and oz/in. The site lists "18.2kg/cm (252 oz/in)", these units are misleading however. See my note below about the measurement units. Here is a link to the site I found this on
After a little more looking kg/cm (kilogram per centimeter) and oz/in (ounces per inch) are different measurement units than kg-cm (kilogram centimeter) and oz-in (ounce inch).

kg/cm & oz/in are measurements of volume
kg-cm & oz-in are measurements of torque, the first link above has more explanation about torque values and how they are related to the newton meter if anyone is interested.

So when websites list kg/cm or oz/in specs as the servo torque rating they really mean kg-cm or oz-in.

Yes it is frequently mis-typed. It is not force per distance but force times distance just like torque in engines.
If you try to convert force per distance the conversion comes out wrong.
2.2lb per kg
16oz per lb
2.54cm per in
18.2kg-cm = 40.04lb-cm = 640.64oz-cm = 252.2oz-in

The force per distance units are linear density. Not sure where the volume came from.

I ended up getting the Hobbystar DS 300. I didn't want to wait for delivery from Hong Kong . The Hobbystar has 368oz of torque. Thought I would give it a shot. Very impressed so far. Love all my Savoxs, just wanted to try something a little less expensive.

I ended up getting the Hobbystar DS 300. I didn't want to wait for delivery from Hong Kong . The Hobbystar has 368oz of torque. Thought I would give it a shot. Very impressed so far. Love all my Savoxs, just wanted to try something a little less expensive.
Are you running stock tires? I'm looking for a new servo that can turn my new tires. http://www.nitrorcx.com/mad-wc1070.html The stock servo can't turn these tires in grass.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back