Kraton EXB #2 build - sold😥

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Notorious J

It's gonna break, so might as well send it!
Lifetime Premium!
Premium Member
ArrmaForum Fan
Excellence Award
Hospitality Award
Rig of the Month Winner
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Gorgon
  2. Granite
  3. Notorious
  4. Typhon 6s
That's right, a second Kraton EXB. This one won't see winter. Installed already:
-4985 1650kv Max6 combo w/22t pinion
-Ds3225 servo
-Radiolink R7FG receiver
-Kontrol Freaks Rc bash bar
-custom made rear mud guards

To be installed
- @3d-rc.myshopify.com wing mounts & bumper spring
-M2C rear shock tower braces
-Custom Rc Upgrades suspension mounts
20220106_231610-01.jpeg
20211208_213415.jpg
20211210_154331-01.jpeg

The bash bar is a good idea in theory, but they are expensive and heavy. They also block many of the screws on the bottom of the chassis and since the diff housing and chassis brace bolts hold it on, you essentially have a full tear down to remove your servo mount, radio plate, battery tray, or motor mount. I still have a Radical UK RC bash bar if anyone is interested. I would rather spend that $100 towards an M2C chassis.

How do u like that skid plate.. Is it heavy!?
It is pretty heavy and this truck hasn't run yet, so not sure how good it is or isn't.
I want one for my Mojave and Kraton now! :D
There's a few companies that make these now, but it's not as good as an M2C chassis in the end. This truck won't ever see the same level of abuse as my original EXB.
The bash bar is a good idea in theory, but they are expensive and heavy. They also block many of the screws on the bottom of the chassis and since the diff housing and chassis brace bolts hold it on, you essentially have a full tear down to remove your servo mount, radio plate, battery tray, or motor mount. I still have a Radical UK RC bash bar if anyone is interested. I would rather spend that $100 towards an M2C chassis.
I agree, but since I won this one, I figured I'd give it a go. This Kraton will never take flight like the other one, so I'm hoping the cons won't affect my ability to enjoy the truck.

@Notorious J ... Just convert that #2 EXB into an Outcast/Notorious you know you want to..!!😉👍🏼

I'm even going to tease you with mine, you know you only need a chassis and a few other bits 'n bobs..!! ( BashingBrians Real EXB™️ ) 🤣🤣🤣🤣

IMG_1463.jpeg

@Notorious J ... Just convert that #2 EXB into an Outcast/Notorious you know you want to..!!😉👍🏼

I'm even going to tease you with mine, you know you only need a chassis and a few other bits 'n bobs..!! ( BashingBrians Real EXB™️ ) 🤣🤣🤣🤣

View attachment 191001
I've still got a "gently" used M2C swb chassis on hand, plus around 8 bodies that a little gorrila tape could resurrect. If I really wanted to, I could, but I just love the way the Kraton is so easy to control in so many different styles of driving. Who knows what the future holds. Btw, love that color.
@Notorious J Looks good Man...BTW do you have some connections at that dealership in the back... Wife still owes me a new vehicle!

@BashingBrian Man, that color is nice!
You'll notice that my trucks are resting on the curb at the edge of the lot. That's because that's as close as I'm allowed to be when visiting it.

Next stage for EXB #2, addition of M2C rear tower braces and sweet @3d-rc.myshopify.com rear wing mounts. This truck is ready to run but won't see the outdoors til the snow is gone. Benefits of owning two🤷🏻‍♂️
20220111_195440.jpg

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back