Kraton EXB and v5 Compatability Questions

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Invixibility

Fairly New Member
Reaction score
I was wondering if the new EXB roller is compatible with the RPM A-arms that I know fit my v5 BLX but I was wondering what exactly isn't compatible if anyone knows of any incompatible parts please let me know even if it doesn't pertain to my question as I've just ordered an EXB roller and plan to swap my v5 motor, ESC, etc over to the roller because I bent the chasis on my v5 and broke a bunch of other stuff. So it made more sense to just buy the roller and start fresh.

That was smart to get the EXB roller.(y) I did that twice with my wrecked Limitless. Just got another Lim roller. It future proofs by having many parts you will need anyway. Saving much coin over buying the individual parts to restore a folded or tweaked chassis.
All EXB parts as far as I know even down to the LSD diffs will crossover with a V5. Motor/electrics are installed the same. There may be a few small parts differnces that I did miss. Cosmetic.

Same design just beefy parts.....should pair up just fine.

Sweet, any recommendations for upgrades out the box on the exb? I want to upgrade the servo, possibly get a new transmitter idk about receiver. I have the smart spektrum system. S315 receiver but only the basic transmitter I was looking at getting the smart transmitter 5 channel with the LED screen but was reading about a lot of people switching from Spektrum as a whole when it came down to the radio system. Any advice there is appreciated as well.

don't use any of the "smart stuff" maybe I'm just dumb.....lol. Run all XT90 connectors. Put in the MAX6 Combo which has been fantastic running 17t on 6S. Currently running belted Proline Badlands 3.8MX wheels.......they are great but a little heavy.....gut a great deal on them used. Might try the Backflip LP's next.....people seem to like them. I use a amazon special 35kg servo..light blue one.....seems fine. I really like the Flysky FS-GT5 radio it performs well, has tons of features, and is not that expensive.

Not much else to do with the EXB.....comes beefy out of the box. possibly the RPM wing mount as that is a weak point for the entire 6s line.....cheap upgrade.

Add the M2C shock tower support with the RPM wing mount then use longer screws through the rear bulkhead secured with a nut. I added Traxxas turnbuckles to support the wing.

20210608_141743.jpg

20210608_114611.jpg

20210609_095151.jpg

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back