Kraton EXB arms vs RTR Side by side comparison

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rcproponent

RCP
Premium Member
ArrmaForum Fan
Excellence Award
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Nero
Hey everyone, I said I’d post exb arms next to a set of the RTR arms, or in this case some RPM arms.

I have a bunch of photos here just figured I’d try and get as many angles as possible.

Note: the Lower shock pins require the EXB pins, the RTR will not fit.

The hinge pins on the rear arms are a little adjusted, so if you have a Mojave hybrid with kraton arms you’ll have more bite for proper droop. ????

Hope this clears some things up for some folks... I have a set of exb kraton shock towers coming as well, so I’ll post those when they come too, next to RTR shock towers.

D5EE4D56-46EA-4675-B257-99D1578BBF9A.jpeg
359B07F5-9CAF-4B06-B68C-0025EC0F9781.jpeg
B3A12334-839C-49B8-85B2-D3E2DDB97C71.jpeg
EA1A53DB-A261-4BA6-ACBF-BF4C464FC4B3.jpeg
59E17F9F-0BCA-43A9-8432-04D72E8440C8.jpeg
59D37266-CD20-4BAB-9E4C-7CCD49DE9326.jpeg
4D22FC67-62D3-400F-9066-B7DEC9B9E4A7.jpeg
0B26A297-8F7E-47B9-B865-D0E596E6F3DF.jpeg
E4DD62F3-63E8-4364-B105-B24502753FF0.jpeg
088BD055-9045-445C-B9A5-34583137A4A7.jpeg
BCDF6087-9988-44D8-8BAC-183BDD050570.jpeg

I will say this. My RPM arms flex to much on my heavy m2c rigs with stiff spring setups and actually bend axles fairly often. The EXB arms are stiffer and allow the suspension to work as it should.
2020-08-20-07-38-27.jpg

Looks like the suspension pin hole is more inward on the exb arm. Does that mean the sub has mor ride height and suspension travel than the kraton.

Looks like the suspension pin hole is more inward on the exb arm. Does that mean the sub has mor ride height and suspension travel than the kraton.

No. The shocks angle is different. Height is the same.

Dang so I’ve ha an RPM arm warp and had one crack before. But nothing like cracking up about 6 rear EXB arms. I’ve bashed the crap out of RPMs and they start warping where the droop screws ride. So my theory is that there is no bulletproof arm. There is only so much that they can take so my thoughts are take it down a notch and take down some of the high and mighty expectations for these toys and bash moderately and less so things will last. My thoughts about aluminum arms maybe they can be bashed during the winter where the snow will take all the impact away as a cushion for sends

Dang so I’ve ha an RPM arm warp and had one crack before. But nothing like cracking up about 6 rear EXB arms. I’ve bashed the crap out of RPMs and they start warping where the droop screws ride. So my theory is that there is no bulletproof arm. There is only so much that they can take so my thoughts are take it down a notch and take down some of the high and mighty expectations for these toys and bash moderately and less so things will last. My thoughts about aluminum arms maybe they can be bashed during the winter where the snow will take all the impact away as a cushion for sends

I had high hopes for the exb arms. I'm so disappointed with the droop screws. All have stripped and that leads to broken shocks and more

I had high hopes for the exb arms. I'm so disappointed with the droop screws. All have stripped and that leads to broken shocks and more
I had the same problem with my droop screws pushing through. I stacked a few lock washers between the bolt head and bottom of the arms and and it fixed it. Give it a try

I had the same problem with my droop screws pushing through. I stacked a few lock washers between the bolt head and bottom of the arms and and it fixed it. Give it a try

I basically did the same thing. I used some solid pistons actually gave me perfect droop

Are most of you breaks at the hinge pin on the EXB arms?
I wonder if you could take a piece of flat carbon and use some screws/nuts to attach it to the lower arms. Finding the right amount of flex via different thickness of the carbon would be the tricky part I suspect. If it is too stiff like 3mm carbon plate then it will just break the arm at the hinge pin.

Are most of you breaks at the hinge pin on the EXB arms?
I wonder if you could take a piece of flat carbon and use some screws/nuts to attach it to the lower arms. Finding the right amount of flex via different thickness of the carbon would be the tricky part I suspect. If it is too stiff like 3mm carbon plate then it will just break the arm at the hinge pin.
My EXB arms broke at the pin as well. I don’t have as much time with mine as he does, but I’ve had my share of bad landings ?

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back