Kraton EXB Bent Chassis

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bicketybam

Back from vacation!
Lifetime Premium!
Premium Member
Excellence Award
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. BigRock 4x4
  2. Granite
  3. Infraction
  4. Kraton 8S
  5. Kraton 6s
  6. Kraton 4s
  7. Mojave
  8. Notorious
  9. Talion
  10. Typhon 6s
When I disconnected the rear of the top brace the whole back end snapped down. That's when I knew.

20200818_141927.jpg
20200818_142000.jpg

When I disconnected the rear of the top brace the whole back end snapped down. That's when I knew.

View attachment 95126View attachment 95127
This is why there needs to be a vertical brace between the chassis and the upper support right there ;)

You should put rpm bumpers on the front and back of your kraton. I've had some ugly UGLY landings that I'd have sworn would've bent the chassis bit so far it's flat as the earth is to a flat earther ;)

These marks actually dented the chassis. Not sure if bumpers would have helped. I think the chassis bent when I slammed down on one of the he many exposed rocks in my landing area.
20200818_143219.jpg
20200818_143401.jpg

Dang. Well.... it was bound to happen to someone ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

This is why there needs to be a vertical brace between the chassis and the upper support right there ;)

You should put rpm bumpers on the front and back of your kraton. I've had some ugly UGLY landings that I'd have sworn would've bent the chassis bit so far it's flat as the earth is to a flat earther ;)

I've got the bumpers and my v4 still bent, but yeah, v4.

The only thing that sucks is it says that skid plate can't be used with a bumper and I ain't going bumperless ever again ;) maybe I can modify it to work with a bumper...

Here's how I got my Kraton set up so far:
https://www.arrmaforum.com/threads/newsenseis-kraton-6s-build-thread.26545/
I have the M2C chassis from my other Kraton and can use. I'm not upset at all. I'm going to hammer it out and keep running it???
This is the most sane plan anyone has offered, who are you?! LOL!

Scroll down.. Theres a version that includes a bumper aswell
Hrm...Not a big fan of the bent plastic sheet bumpers, better than nothing but they got no style ;) I'll try and make it work with my RPM bumpers. Planning on trying to get another outcast bumper so I can make the back like the front...

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back