Kraton EXB Chassis Material Used

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have the M2C on my kraton…. Love it with no complaints…. But. I wanted to get the scorched Rc titanium chassis for the Mojave…. Just for the sparks…. Hahaha but will it hold up like the M2C? Or close to it?

My experience with the EXB chassis has shown it to be very similar to the RTR chassis… The M2C chassis is far superior in every way
Yea for sure but thats an automatic given. I was just wondering what peoples thoughts were on the Arrma chassis.
If I was to go all out bash master I would def get a stronger chassis....but I'm not walking bowlegged enough yet to launch my hard earned money to the moon just yet. :LOL::LOL:

my exb chassis bent second run on the talion exb. have m2c chassis on other cars and not bent any of them. got a scorched rc kraton v5 chassis on the way just wanted something different instead of m2c all the time

I doubt they would lie about it being 7075-T6. I think people expect too much of a thin plate of material that has similar strength properties to a low grade steel. If you really want it to survive the forces involved with a 5kg truck slamming the ground from 10m up you'll need to go thicker, use heavy bracing or make one out of a stronger material.

I doubt they would lie about it being 7075-T6. I think people expect too much of a thin plate of material that has similar strength properties to a low grade steel. If you really want it to survive the forces involved with a 5kg truck slamming the ground from 10m up you'll need to go thicker, use heavy bracing or make one out of a stronger material.
There is a HUGE difference between the EXB and M2C parts. Sure there is a small amount of thickness difference too, but once you have had M2C parts in hand (or any other quality 7075 T6 parts brand) you would know that the EXB parts are FAR from the same material. The brace mushroom like soft Chinese aluminum. The chassis can be bent by hand. Try that with real T6 and it’s not possible.

I cheaped out on getting the m2c chassis. Bought this to keep cost down, as this was an impulse buy at 300.00 after just buying the Typhon tlr. Thank goodness my eBay listings brought in more money then I thought!!

IMG_20211120_124247669_HDR.jpg

IMG_20211120_125303411_HDR.jpg

Last edited:
There is a HUGE difference between the EXB and M2C parts. Sure there is a small amount of thickness difference too, but once you have had M2C parts in hand (or any other quality 7075 T6 parts brand) you would know that the EXB parts are FAR from the same material. The brace mushroom like soft Chinese aluminum. The chassis can be bent by hand. Try that with real T6 and it’s not possible.

Sorry for digging up an old thread, was going to respond to this a month ago but forgot. Probably for the best actually, as I have read/tested a few things since that changed my thinking about this.

It came to my attention that the EXB chassis is stamped rather than machined, which with 7075 alloy is usually done at high temperatures or after annealing and then requires the part to be precipitation hardened again to restore the T6 temper. It wouldn't surprise me if Arrma's contractor is using 7075-T6 stock as per the spec, weakening it as part of the stamping process and then failing to re-treat it before final processing (anodizing, laser etching etc.). Annealed 7075 has similar tensile and yield strength to 6061-T6, high temperature stamped 7075-T6 will usually end up with strength and hardness properties somewhere between the original material and annealed 7075, so this could neatly explain why Arrma claims to be specifying 7075-T6 but end users report that it bends about as easily as the RTR chassis (6061-T6) or is only slightly stronger. I don't have an EXB chassis so I can't confirm anything at the moment but it would be nice to see someone do proper bend force tests and a density calculation as mentioned on the previous page of this thread to confirm the idea that it's 7075 at a lower temper.

With respect to the EXB chassis braces, those I do have several of from parts lots I bought, and after some drill/file tests I'm fairly confident they're 6061-T6, so lower strength and hardness than M2C parts and on par with the alloys used by companies like HR and GPM for their parts. I suppose this is what you mean by soft Chinese aluminum and if so you're definitely right. Arrma however doesn't claim them to be 7075 anywhere I can find, so they're what one would expect from reading the product description: a mid-grade structural aluminum.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back