Kraton EXB chassis vs M2C chassis

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ibocain23

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Granite
  2. Kraton 6s
Was going to go with M2C but seeing how cheap I can get an EXB chassis for my K6S V5 via JRC I’m thinking is the M2C worth the extra 100$. Any thoughts?

I would hesitate to add something with as much weight as the M2C chassis unless you're bending the stock one often. I went through a cycle with my R/Cs back in the day where I would add a part that happened to be larger and/or denser and therefore heavier to address a perceived weak point, which in turn would increase the stresses on the whole truck and lead to other parts breaking or bending more frequently. I would then be forced to upgrade those parts which would usually add even more weight and further increase stress on everything leading to even more broken parts, and so on...

Seems to be a lot of chatter about M2C around here though, and I'm surprised to read that even the 7075-T6 chassis from the EXB with aluminum braces is not sufficient for some people. I used to launch the hell out of my truggies which had chassis' made from similar materials with similar dimensions, and I almost never tweaked them enough to notice. Then again I didn't do full on 'send it' suicide bashing which if YouTube is any indication has become very popular.

I have this question too. On a scale of 1-10, with 1 being stock, 10 M2C, where would EXB score?

I'd think that if you don't bash extreme, bending a stock chassis back every time and replacing it every so often should be find, though I don't have experience

M2c is a whole different ball game……. I have both the exb chassis and m2c and they are not even close to one another especially the 8s line. I honestly don’t think the stock chassis is 7075 as I can bent the stock exb chassis over my knee. With the m2c this Is not possible as it is insanely tough. If you ask me the 100 is definitely worth it weather you are bending chassis or not. It makes the truck ride better and looks cool as helll and yes I would do it all over.

Another vote for the m2c, I agree with @jondilly1974 on this one.. if your not a crazy hard basher just get one or two of the $17 dollar chassis as backup and call it a day. If you wanna be full proof get the m2c. No point in wasting the money on exb when it’ll just bend nearly as easy as the Stock ones.. 🤷🏻‍♂️

I have this question too. On a scale of 1-10, with 1 being stock, 10 M2C, where would EXB score?

I'd think that if you don't bash extreme, bending a stock chassis back every time and replacing it every so often should be find, though I don't have experience
If the RTR is a 1 and the M2C is a 10, IMO the EXB is a 2.

Have any tried two EXB chassis at once? With 3mm longer screws.
The car will be heavier but if it mounts ok maybe a ok setup and if you get the two EXB chassis for cheap price.

I use M2C on my Talion and Kraton. And a bashbar on my Notorious.
If you have some tools I believe a bashbar could be made easy.
Its just a metal bar with a few holes. And a small bend in the front.
But I did buy the bashbar.

The car will be heavier but if it mounts ok maybe a ok setup and if you get the two EXB chassis for cheap price.

That would be $90 and a lot heavier. It wouldn't be worth it

I beat my EXB K6 pretty hard, and mostly break the long suspension parts. The chassis is light and has held up. On the other hand, the 6061 on the shorter Typhon V5 twists like a potato chip on mellower stuff. I just installed the M2C on that, and there is no comparison. But I do think the EXB chassis is decent, it's 50% stiffer than 6061 and can be picked up for a good price. You'll know what you need when the time comes.

It all depends if we are talking a SWB or LWB chassis. If LWB, just get an M2C.
SWB EXB are fine and for the price works. I never bent my Noto chassis. SWB ( identical part as the Typhon Chassis) Been through so many LWB Stockers on my Kraton. Just as refernce. LWB, most any Arrma chassis, EXB or Stocker V5 or V4's will bend and twist.

It all depends if we are talking a SWB or LWB chassis. If LWB, just get an M2C.
SWB EXB are fine and for the price works. I never bent my Noto chassis. SWB ( identical part as the Typhon Chassis) Been through so many LWB Stockers on my Kraton. Just as refernce. LWB, most any Arrma chassis, EXB or Stocker V5 or V4's will bend and twist.
That’s ironic because my Typhon EXB chassis bent so often I threw it away. I had intentions of running it as a street car but ended up stretching it with a Mojave EXB chassis instead. So for street use, I think the EXB is fine, as would be the RTR for that matter. However I would want M2C or any other real 7075 chassis.

Two chassis would probably work pretty darn good, but might be a tad on heavy side Honestly the time spent sourcing new longer hardware is not worth my time and would rather spend the extra hundredish dollars for m2c. Not to mention the price of hardware.

I have a few buddies that use bash bars and they work pretty darn good. One of them makes his own in under an hour and they look and work just as good.

My exb chassis is not even close to 7075 let alone 7075 - T6. As I mentioned earlier the exb chassis can be easily bent over my knee. Not sure how they can stamp 7075 T6 in the darn thing.

Heat treating increases hardness only, it has no effect of stiffness or shear strength. You can look that up, modulus of elasticity is unchanged at T6 or not. But 7075 is about 50% stronger than 6061. If you want more strength, you've got to go thicker (and heavier). There's always Scorched Ti...

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back