Kraton EXB chassis vs M2C chassis

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I recently upgraded to an M2C chassis and M2C chassis braces on my Kraton EXB. My EXB chassis wasn’t permanently bent, but I kept shearing the screws on the EXB chassis braces from all of the flex it had. Once I swapped to M2C I removed my tower to tower brace and have not had any issues since. It does sound noticeably more solid when I land from big jumps, and I’m not shearing screws or having things come loose on the chassis anymore.

I like the jbi my self

20211002_184557.jpg

20211002_184603.jpg

20211002_184615.jpg

I would hesitate to add something with as much weight as the M2C chassis unless you're bending the stock one often. I went through a cycle with my R/Cs back in the day where I would add a part that happened to be larger and/or denser and therefore heavier to address a perceived weak point, which in turn would increase the stresses on the whole truck and lead to other parts breaking or bending more frequently. I would then be forced to upgrade those parts which would usually add even more weight and further increase stress on everything leading to even more broken parts, and so on...

Seems to be a lot of chatter about M2C around here though, and I'm surprised to read that even the 7075-T6 chassis from the EXB with aluminum braces is not sufficient for some people. I used to launch the hell out of my truggies which had chassis' made from similar materials with similar dimensions, and I almost never tweaked them enough to notice. Then again I didn't do full on 'send it' suicide bashing which if YouTube is any indication has become very popular.
And the more weight the more heat at least ot seems that way for me
Holy front bumper Batman!
Whats the weight on that beast

Last edited:
Back at it 6am. Work bench is trashed

View attachment 172191
Very beautiful build. Can’t knock it one bit there. Just worried about the overall weight and where the weak point is getting pushed to. That thing would win the pic of the month once built tho. She’s sexy AF

Very beautiful build. Can’t knock it one bit there. Just worried about the overall weight and where the weak point is getting pushed to. That thing would win the pic of the month once built tho. She’s sexy AF
Thanks a lot buddy. I'll give weight soon as done building

Was going to go with M2C but seeing how cheap I can get an EXB chassis for my K6S V5 via JRC I’m thinking is the M2C worth the extra 100$. Any thoughts?
There is no comparison it's like comparing hot and cold water do you want hot water or do you want cold water m2c is the way to go 100% you will never look back I have every single part on my K8 m2c my 6s was completely in to see as well I would never buy any other cheesy part ever again m2cis worth the money

Right now this what i got

20211003_075311_Burst01.jpg

20211003_075326.jpg

There is no comparison it's like comparing hot and cold water do you want hot water or do you want cold water m2c is the way to go 100% you will never look back I have every single part on my K8 m2c my 6s was completely in to see as well I would never buy any other cheesy part ever again m2cis worth the money
You can keep it i like jbi my self. M2c you can keep. I like some of there stuff but there chassis not one of them
Not like i don't run them !! Just no what i like better

Attachments

• 16332663744886021835143231249851.jpg
    16332663744886021835143231249851.jpg
    339.5 KB · Views: 54
Last edited:
Right now this what i got

View attachment 172197

View attachment 172198

You can keep it i like jbi my self. M2c you can keep. I like some of there stuff but there chassis not one of them
Not like i don't run them !! Just no what i like better
Yep that’s about what I expected as I have a beefy one already. I have a K6S built with almost as much bling as you have with a TP5660 and MAX6. Runs well but just feels heavy. I also have a KEXB 1/8 that is much more nimble, but breaks and bends too easily. I have a CF chassis on order, and the full BQ CF setup on hand. Going to try and make a feather light basher that hopefully will take a beating and still handle like a butterfly.

Yep that’s about what I expected as I have a beefy one already. I have a K6S built with almost as much bling as you have with a TP5660 and MAX6. Runs well but just feels heavy. I also have a KEXB 1/8 that is much more nimble, but breaks and bends too easily. I have a CF chassis on order, and the full BQ CF setup on hand. Going to try and make a feather light basher that hopefully will take a beating and still handle like a butterfly.
That will be bad ass

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back