Kraton Exb - common breakages

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

M240i_bandit

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Kraton EXB
I've had the truck a few weeks and busted an A arm + hinge pin. Part and parcel - the issue is parts availability in the UK seems to be pretty poor and waiting around for parts is pretty boring

So to the guys that have had the exb for a little while - what are the parts you break most often? And what parts wear out frequently?

Just trying to get an idea of what I should bulk buy and keep laying around the house (no need to mention electrics)

Probably front lower A arms + hinge pins maybe front bumper?

Last edited:
I've had the truck a few weeks and busted an A arm + hinge pin. Part and parcel - the issue is parts availability in the UK seems to be pretty poor and waiting around for parts is pretty boring

So to the guys that have had the exb for a little while - what are the parts you break most often? And what parts wear out frequently?

Just trying to get an idea of what I should bulk buy and keep laying around the house (no need to mention electrics)

Probably front lower A arms + hinge pins maybe front bumper?
Lot of guys on here swear by the rpm a arms for the kraton. Ive got themnon my typhon and haven't broken an a arm since!

Uk stock too https://www.modelsport.co.uk/rpm-fr...ton-talion-and-outcast/rc-car-products/413342

Lot of guys on here swear by the rpm a arms for the kraton. Ive got themnon my typhon and haven't broken an a arm since!

Uk stock too https://www.modelsport.co.uk/rpm-fr...ton-talion-and-outcast/rc-car-products/413342

These don't fit the exb do they? I thought they were for the v4 - had a look at the exploded diags and it looks like quite a few a arm parts are different between the exb and the v4 (shock pins, ball thingies at the end etc) . It's the front lower that I've busted

These don't fit the exb do they? I thought they were for the v4 - had a look at the exploded diags and it looks like quite a few a arm parts are different between the exb and the v4 (shock pins, ball thingies at the end etc) . It's the front lower that I've busted
Idk tbh. Did a quick Google, sure someone with an exb will chip in :)

You need the V4 shock attachment pins. Not sure about the rest, haven’t busted an A arm yet. The boy doesn’t send it huge and he’s a much better driver than I am.

The EXB shares its arms with the V5 Kraton and V5 Notorious, personally I think the new EXB arms are better than RPM's.
My RPM arms just get all bent out of shape and don't break, but if I break EXB arms I will replace with EXB arms.
As for stock in the UK I hear you, so much stuff isn't due til April/May !! I would order now and stock up on arms, pins, shock ends, Backflip LP's 😉

I got that impression from when I took the busted exb arm off - seems incredibly strong

I guess 50+mph into an immovable object and everything has its limits, won't be making a habit of that :ROFLMAO:

Okay so far the shopping list reads:
Arms (upper, lower, rear)
Pins (shocks, hinge)
Shock ends
Wheels/tyres set

Can't imagine much else needing to be replaced that regularly, I've had some hard hits and it's just shrugged it off

I've broken the wing mounts, bumper spring, rear A-arm, and the a-arm took a hinge pin with it.

I replaced the wing mounts with the RPM versions. The RPM wing mounts had to be dremeled to fit. The bumper spring I printed out a new one using an stl file on thingiverse.

Good to know, so

Arms (upper, lower, rear)
Pins (shocks, hinge)
Shock ends
Bumper
Wing mount
Wheels/tyres set

Last 3 aren't the end of the world as I can still run without them/with worn ones

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back