Outcast EXB Diff set on stock outcast?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dziugas1998

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. BigRock 4x4
  2. Outcast 6s
Screenshot_20200817-230146_Chrome.jpg

Can I use this whole diff set on my outcast v4? Is this diff stronger? I keep breaking my main diff gear all the time....

Yea but you would need the other exb stuff to go with it. I think the dif case is the same on both but o could be wrong. Which gear you breaking? Might be a bent chassis pushing the drive shaft into to much if it flexes

I always keep breaking main diff gear 43T. I spent about 100usd on it

I am talking about my front diff. I use only 1-2 external shims, nothing more
Wow that’s amazing if you’re breaking the front. Maybe hard on the brakes or nose dives landing under power? Maybe your bulkhead is damaged?

I've been through 3 fronts and 4 rears in 2 years on my outcast. Always the ring/pinion. One was due to the output bearing blowing out, one was due to stripped screw threads in the diff cap, the others were just failures. Just shattered a sun gear and both output sun gear pins in my rear diff 2 days ago. First time I ever damaged any internals. Pretty sure my front diff is on it's way out. I think I heard it pop a couple times on hard braking.

I'll be ordering a set of front/rear exb diffs for the next time. Just a lot of $, but after reading this thread, if setup right, the EXB's last a lot longer:
https://www.arrmaforum.com/threads/a-look-inside-my-exb-diff-after-40-packs-of-abuse.26843/

I don't think I've put 40 packs through my outcast in the 2 years I've had it. He must run that thing a lot since the EXB is fairly new to the market.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back