exb diff shimming

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

leaf

Fairly New Member
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Kraton EXB
  2. Typhon 6s
hello, I got my exb about 2 weeks ago and the first time I ran it on 4s I would hear clicks every now and then so I put another shim on the outside of the diff (between the bearing and diff case) and am still not trusting of that diff especially because im ordering a max6, 4092 1650kv, and 180c 6s lipo batts. do I have to shim it in a different spot? I put 3 shims inside. any advice would be appreciated. and if I need anything can you tell me what/link?

Its possible that the main gear and/or input gear are damaged already and the shimming is useless at this point.
Take all apart and out. one at a time. Wipe off all grease so you can look very closely at the input gear as well. . ALL you diffs. It is hard to tell where clicking is coming from in most cases. Start with the rear or where you think its coming from. It can be misleading thinking the problem is in the front or back. Unless you are confident the problem is only one diff. Then you know where to focus.
Others may chime in with their ideas.

Its possible that the main gear and/or input gear are damaged already and the shimming is useless at this point.
Take all apart and out. one at a time. Wipe off all grease so you can look very closely at the input gear as well. . ALL you diffs. It is hard to tell where clicking is coming from in most cases. Start with the rear or where you think its coming from. It can be misleading thinking the problem is in the front or back. Unless you are confident the problem is only one diff. Then you know where to focus.
Others may chime in with their ideas.
Yup I checked all of the gears and whatnot and they seem perfectly fine, I’ll just run it and if it continues then I’ll inspect it more and shove in 5 more shims

Back