Kraton EXB front bumper screws(can’t find them)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Kraton 8S
  2. Kraton 6s
My first bash with the EXB the front bumper broke off and I couldn’t find it anywhere.

I need to order a new bumper and screws but I can’t find them. They aren’t popping up on horizon’s site. Does anyone know the correct part number for them?

The steering arm screw stripped out on the first bash as well. But I was able to find a new steering end and screw.

A570E170-3E9D-4BDF-B097-6550B6056465.jpeg

B0733D69-2FF7-4D08-AF7B-6CB3AAC6B697.jpeg

EEB24AC5-5640-4C40-9EC4-C815340C2D53.jpeg

those are m4x14mm countersunk screws right?

May be an m3x14...I have a screw set so I usually just grab something that looks like it'll fit and try it, would be more exact but I'd have to take my truck apart...

those are m4x14mm countersunk screws right?

May be an m3x14...I have a screw set so I usually just grab something that looks like it'll fit and try it, would be more exact but I'd have to take my truck apart...

Appreciate it. And no problem No need to do that haha. Just wasn’t sure if anyone else would have better luck finding the size. I’m still annoyed it even broke off on the first drive.. didn’t even jump the thing o_O lol

Appreciate it. And no problem No need to do that haha. Just wasn’t sure if anyone else would have better luck finding the size. I’m still annoyed it even broke off on the first drive.. didn’t even jump the thing o_O lol
This is why you need to bumper up! ;)

My kraton took a dive into the ground from over 20ft up and I accidentally slammed into a tree at full speed with the double bumper all I broke was the light bar ;)

https://www.arrmaforum.com/threads/kraton-6s.26545/

Should be the m3x20mm based on the part number having 320 at the end

I thought that at first but the screws that go into the bottom of the frame into the bulkhead for the skid plate part of the bumper are longer than the front hinge pin screws.

I may order the stainless screw set and just have extra screws lol. Prob help prevent a headache down the road too haha

I like these M3 and M4 kits from Amazon, nice to have so I don't have to keep track of specific screws. Each kit is like 10-14 bucks and has most of the sizes I need for most of my trucks.

20200818_152845.jpg

I like these M3 and M4 kits from Amazon, nice to have so I don't have to keep track of specific screws. Each kit is like 10-14 bucks and has most of the sizes I need for most of my trucks.

View attachment 95164
If you have a link to the steel (not stainless type) that are in stock you'd be amazing because I spent hours looking for hardened steel screws but they were all out of stock...really need to replace the stainless but needed something until I can get them ;)

I thought that at first but the screws that go into the bottom of the frame into the bulkhead for the skid plate part of the bumper are longer than the front hinge pin screws.

I may order the stainless screw set and just have extra screws lol. Prob help prevent a headache down the road too haha

Then you are looking for the wrong screws..there’s no doubt about what the 320 means..

Depending on the screw head type it can be a 72x..whether it’s a button head, recessed/flat head, etc..

The 320 is not up for debate based on all of their previous exploded diagrams/parts lists..

If the EXB is different, then I apologize, but if you are not willing to do some research on your own and just google the fiddle sticking Arrma (AR) part number yourself then..that’s your choice..

I have a 6S typhon and 2 6S kratons..one Kraton I completely rebuilt with aftermarket parts and one Kraton I rebuilt with an extra screw set from JennysRC..

I only mention this because I effed up and mixed all of the screws together for both kratons..but I have a tiny tape measure with mm on one side..as I was rebuilding both of the Kratons, I used it to find all of the correct length screws for every single part (according to the exploded views....)

Just because you want to argue and disagree with me, that doesn’t mean you should argue in the face of reason..google the part number yourself..

I’ve wasted too much time with trying to help you..

The screws that go into the bottom of the frame into the bulkhead are obviously 2 - 3x16mms in the back and 3 - 4x16mms in the front..according to the diagram you posted..

Just google the part number that you yourself circled in red..

Don’t be an argumentative fiddlesticker when you’re asking for help..

You either circled the wrong part initially or you don’t know what you’re talking about..

don’t be an ass to people trying to help you!!

Last edited:
Then you are looking for the wrong screws..there’s no doubt about what the 320 means..

Depending on the screw head type it can be a 72x..whether it’s a button head, recessed/flat head, etc..

The 320 is not up for debate based on all of their previous exploded diagrams/parts lists..

If the EXB is different, then I apologize, but if you are not willing to do some research on your own and just google the fiddle sticking Arrma (AR) part number yourself then..that’s your choice..

I have a 6S typhon and 2 6S kratons..one Kraton I completely rebuilt with aftermarket parts and one Kraton I rebuilt with an extra screw set from JennysRC..

I only mention this because I effed up and mixed all of the screws together for both kratons..but I have a tiny tape measure with mm on one side..as I was rebuilding both of the Kratons, I used it to find all of the correct length screws for every single part (according to the exploded views....)

Just because you want to argue and disagree with me, that doesn’t mean you should argue in the face of reason..google the part number yourself..

I’ve wasted too much time with trying to help you..

I don’t see how I wasted your time? The part number your referring to isn’t the correct part number? sorry if I came off as being rude or a ahole or something? But I did not attend for that... Trust me, I have done research and looked for hours.

my stock screws I removed from the kraton are shorter than the bottom screws
(I want to replace them just because I’m picky).

and I get where your coming from about the part number meaning. But the part number is the wrong part number. Which was my issue with finding the correct screw. The part number doesn’t exist. I exchanged several emails with horizon today and they said they are going to send me a new bumper and the correct screws. And when I asked about the part number they were not sure but said they would fix the error. (It has happened before and won’t be the last time)

how ever the 6s v4 has the same part number for its bumper. But the screws I pulled out of my individual brand new exb are shorter and don’t match the part number.

If you look at the diagram it shows that the screws are scaled smaller than the bottom skid plate screws as well. Not sure if it’s even to scale but that’s why I originally started researching the issue instead of ordering based on the part number.

Last edited:
I don’t see how I wasted your time? The part number your referring to isn’t the correct part number? sorry if I came off as being rude or a peepee or something? But I did not attend for that... Trust me, I have done research and looked for hours.

my stock screws I removed from the kraton are shorter than the bottom screws
(I want to replace them just because I’m picky).

and I get where your coming from about the part number meaning. But the part number is the wrong part number. Which was my issue with finding the correct screw. The part number doesn’t exist. I exchanged several emails with horizon today and they said they are going to send me a new bumper and the correct screws. And when I asked about the part number they were not sure but said they would fix the error. (It has happened before and won’t be the last time)

If you look at the diagram you can see that the screws are scaled smaller than the bottom skid plate screws as well. That’s why I originally started researching the issue instead of ordering based on the part number.

I’m sorry for being a b-hole..it’s late and I’ve had too many drinks..

Does it say anywhere on the exploded view (EV) that the diagram is to scale? I’ve never seen that on the typhon or kraton EV..but I also don’t have a new EXB..honestly tho, I’m prolly just having too much faith in Arrma for their diagrams because I have scoffed at their official EVs before..

I’m sorry for being a b-hole..it’s late and I’ve had too many drinks..

Does it say anywhere on the exploded view (EV) that the diagram is to scale? I’ve never seen that on the typhon or kraton EV..but I also don’t have a new EXB..honestly tho, I’m prolly just having too much faith in Arrma for their diagrams because I have scoffed at their official EVs before..

Sorry I edited my post before I saw your reply

And no worries, just didn’t want you thinking I was being a ahole or being lazy. But I’m not positive if it’s to scale or not. But I’ve always used it as a guide on needing a short or longer screw lol

I’ve also heard of Arrma installing the wrong screws before. So I wouldn’t be surprised if that’s my issue to begin with. But I do know that there’s an error with their part number and that’s why nothing shows up. So I’m hopping it’s shorter or I’m going to start worrying about what else could have been mixed up during the build lol

FYI if you search part numbers and add an extra "A" after the first "AR" in part numbers they comes up. I noticed that a while ago across the board.

AR722320 = ARA722320 instead

Screenshot_20200818-225341_Chrome.jpg

FYI if you search part numbers and add an extra "A" after the first "AR" in part numbers they comes up. I noticed that a while ago across the board.

View attachment 95198

tried that but it didn’t work. A diff part number popped up when I searched ara722320

At least on horizon hobbies site*. Usually the only site i check parts facts on. Then I order else where if they don’t have them etc

Sorry I edited my post before I saw your reply

And no worries, just didn’t want you thinking I was being a ahole or being lazy. But I’m not positive if it’s to scale or not. But I’ve always used it as a guide on needing a short or longer screw lol

No worries at all..i can rub most people the wrong way..but I just go off the part number..if it tells me to order X, Y, or Z..I order that part and then adjust accordingly! An extra set of screws for the kraton from Jennys is great because you can find screws the length you need (if you have a mm ruler or tape measure) and if they don’t work, then start tweaking things..

Just how there is an “out of the box checklist” for things to do to most of the Arrma cars..we don’t trust them to do everything correct from the factory on their RTRs (or apparently EXBs)..we cant trust their EVs to be correct 100% of the time..

View attachment 95198

I think it’s hobby town that only shows up if you type in ARA and then the numbers..I have messaged them and told them that it is not a good idea business wise since Arrma lists their part numbers without the 2nd A(a) but it doesn’t look like anything has changed..

No worries at all..i can rub most people the wrong way..but I just go off the part number..if it tells me to order X, Y, or Z..I order that part and then adjust accordingly! An extra set of screws for the kraton from Jennys is great because you can find screws the length you need (if you have a mm ruler or tape measure) and if they don’t work, then start tweaking things..

Just how there is an “out of the box checklist” for things to do to most of the Arrma cars..we don’t trust them to do everything correct from the factory on their RTRs (or apparently EXBs)..we cant trust their EVs to be correct 100% of the time..

It’s sad but so true... RTR should mean ready to bash imo lol

I ordered a couple screw kits before I got a reply today. I’ll have to see what they send matches before installing it. If not I’ll try a longer screw.

my biggest issue regarding horizons part number search is when I search a part number. I’d like to order the correct part number if it’s right. Not order a recommend part number because nothing matched the one I searched ?

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back